How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

4 people found this helpful in last 30 days

How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

This article is for the Arlo Secure App experience with Library. If you have the Arlo Secure App experience with Feed, please visit: How do I adjust Arlo video recording length? - Arlo Secure 4.0

You can personalize your Arlo cameras to record videos from approximately 10 to 120 seconds long. Most Arlo cameras can record a variable length of up to 300 seconds. Recording requires either an Arlo Secure subscription or local storage. For more information, visit: What is Arlo Secure and how can I benefit from it? and How do I enable or disable local storage of Arlo video recordings on a USB device?

To adjust Arlo video recording length:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
  2. Tap or click Mode.
  3. Select the SmartHub, Base Station, or camera that you want to adjust.
  4. Tap or click the pencil icon next to the mode for which you want to edit recording length.
    Note: You cannot adjust recording length for Disarmed or Schedule modes, only for active modes such as Armed or Custom Modes.
  5. Tap or click the pencil icon next to the rule that you want to edit.
    If the mode only has one rule, it is preselected.
  6. Tap or click the pencil icon next to Record video.
    If Record Video is not selected, you cannot edit recording length.
  7. Select Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec) or select Record for a fixed length of time and move the slider to your preferred recording length.
  8. Tap or click Save.
  9. Tap or click Edit Rule > Done.
    Your recording length is updated.

Last Updated:05/01/2024 | Article ID: 1079027

Was this article helpful?

image description Yes image description No

Arlo Community

Learn from other Arlo users like you and experts that are offering up best practices and answering some common questions. Get involved and suggest your own topics to discuss as well.

Ask the Community

Contact Us

Have additional questions? Try our live chat or give us a call. Our team of Arlo experts is ready to answer your questions and help in any way that we can.

Contact Support