Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

downloading in windows the time and date stamp document day of download not the image date

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
wiccawillow
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just realized that on my laptop which is Windows 7, that when downloading files to save, the date associated with the images/recordings is being saved as the date downloaded and NOT the date recorded on the camera. HUGE LEAGAL ISSUE, as some of my recordings are needed for court and now show a different date as I downloaded them to my laptop 2 days later and do not indicate the correct recorded date.

How to fix this and if not. SHAME on ARLO, as it works on people Android and saves the correct date.

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The name of the file is the time/date stamp but it's in Unix/Epoch format.

You can use this or other similar online converters if you need it for legal reasons

http://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And the epoch time should be perfectly legal but may need explanation.  It's still a timestamp, just not one many people expect to see.  The EXIF data is in the video, too, which software can read - I happen to use MediaInfo.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

And there is Metadata in the file , accessed from windoz via right click on the file / properties

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Tom, I only see the creation/modification times when the file was downloaded, not the embedded metadata.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Thats what I was refering to...  create date, mod date, download date

Enough to prove the info was made when and not the date downloaded as many files change dates when you do in the basic dir info ... good enough for court

Morse is faster than texting!