Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
stpeter
Follower
Follower

I read in a review that Arlo cameras will run on 2 batteries but without night vision.  I don't need the night vision feature for our application and would like to conserve batteries if possible.  If this will work, which 2 battery positions should be used for this?

5 REPLIES 5
Noel_Flantier
Tutor
Tutor

It'll work, however with low battery level and without night vision as you said. I don't recommend you to do it as the motion sensor might also be affected and not detect motion that well

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

stpeter wrote:

I read in a review that Arlo cameras will run on 2 batteries but without night vision.  I don't need the night vision feature for our application and would like to conserve batteries if possible.  If this will work, which 2 battery positions should be used for this?

The Arlo cam will run on 2 cells ( the two sets are basically in parallel to double the available current ).

It will NOT conserve batteries if run on just 2.  The IR is NOT disabled on 2 cells and the camera will function but for a MUCH shorter time as the current draw is to high for just 2 cells.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Sincity
Guide
Guide

Does this mean in theory it will run on a 5V USB phone charger if I can solder the AC adapter leads onto the board?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

OEM batteries are 3.2v each for 6.4v and rechargeables are 4.2v for 8.4v

I think you be a bit low as usb is just 5

Morse is faster than texting!
Sincity
Guide
Guide

^Tks. For some reason, I thought they were 1.5v volts each.