Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
8wildhogs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have always one touch downloaded videos of importance without giving arlo permission to my photos, files, and media. Today when I tried it wants access. Why not previously, but now required?
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Probably because you gave permission during installation of the app. If you want to download, you need to give permission to access files/folders to be able to put the file someplace.

8wildhogs
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I gave permission then, when I loaded the app, why are they asking now? Have used arlo for several years, downloaded videos simply by clicking on download. Now they ask for these permissions. Photo access understood, but why files and media?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Videos/photos are both files and media. Not sure why you were asked again. Somehow it got unset?

8wildhogs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply... I dont recall giving permission, but may have; won't do it again. Too much unnecessary collection of data by online media. My computer literacy is minimal, but giving someone access to every image I've taken, every phone call, every message, the ability to use my camera etc. Old fashioned me has gone with a very nice self-contained hard wired system with DVR and one tb of storage, the ability to access, save, download to phone or pc any video without giving up privacy. Professionally installed with 8 cameras for just over $1,200. Its awesome, as well as the company that installed it. Love the simplicity of the wireless arlo, but will be replacing it at our other place soon. We use it for security, but also the wildlife intrusions, primarily wild hogs. Typically get 40 second videos, today, got a booming 8 second recording. Have also had trouble with motion sensing. If someone could explain how the access to files is used, and arlo gets rid of the few glitches, it would be a great system.