Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation
rob170
Tutor
Tutor

So I recently found a small handful of people in my iOS contact list have an "Arlo" label where it usually says "camera" under the third icon behind "message" and "call" directly under the contact's name when I open it. I am freaking out because I've got an Arlo camera in my bedroom-very private-and this is disturbing to say the least. However, when I go to my app settings, it says I haven't granted access to anyone-but when I click on the "Arlo" icon on my phone under the contact it opens the app with full control of viewing and turning cameras on and off and basically anything else you could want to do. But other people in my contact list do not have the "Arlo" icon, it is still just the "camera" icon. Need to figure this out asap thanks.

Base station model VMB3000

iphone 7 plus running ios 12 running version 2.6.1 of Arlo app.

Basic Arlo wire free camera

Arlo App version 2.6.1

Apple iphone 7 plus running ios 12

28 REPLIES 28
mrterrycook
Guide
Guide

This “fix” does not work. I cannot deselect Arlo in the pop up menu that appears when you hold on the icons. Please fix your app. You have broken Contacts funtionality and added nothing in return since Arlo cannot replace that functionality.

Dim004
Tutor
Tutor

hi

Does Arlo need to issue an update to the app. Under my contacts instead of video apperaing it has Arlo. If you click on it. It then takes you to the Arlo application. How does this even happen. I havn't given arlo access to my contact list

XxTHExONExX
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would suggest uninstalling and then reinstall the app. And wow sounds crazy it in your phone contacts. Larry 

Dim004
Tutor
Tutor