Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Mk1 cameras keep going offline / battery Incompatibility??

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JamiePopple
Follower
Follower
I’ve had the Arlo mark one system running about six months, with little problems, but just recently my cameras go off-line. I have four cameras in total, all purchased at different times and added to the system. There is no pattern to which camera goes off-line, it could be any one of them at any time. I have regularly replaced the batteries they only seem to last about three months per camera.

All the firmware is up-to-date and I have reset the Router occasionally. I have no problems with my Internet.

One thing I did notice recently on Amazon as I tried to order new batteries, it appears that some of the batteries are no longer compatible with Arlo?? I went to reorder from the same seller, only to find the words not compatible with Arlo had been added to the listing. Could this be the issue all of a sudden? Everything has been fine up until recently One thing I did notice recently on Amazon as I tried to order new batteries, it appears that some of the batteries are no longer compatible with Arlo?? I went to reorder from the same seller, only to find the words not compatible with a Arlo had been added to the listing. Could this be the issue all of a sudden? Everything has been fine up until recently

Wondering just what’s going on with the batteries situation not being compatible with Arlo anymore, something clearly has come to light to make people put this on their listings any ideas anybody?? I am in the UK.
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Any of the top branded 123 cells ( non rechargable ) are fine and all work the same... no issues

They are  rated 3v, but a new one does come in at 3.2V

(* not compatable may refer to the newer Arlos which take battery packs not cells )

Just stay away from off branded cells.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------