Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Which outside cameras support pre-buffering?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MetalJase
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m currently looking to purchase outside cameras, and pre-buffering is an essential feature for one location...  From the current line-up of Alro outside cameras that support pre-buffering, how many seconds pre-buffer do they feature?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MetalJase wrote:

I’m currently looking to purchase outside cameras, and pre-buffering is an essential feature for one location...  From the current line-up of Alro outside cameras that support pre-buffering, how many seconds pre-buffer do they feature?

Arlo calls pre-buffering "Foresight" - more info (including the cameras) is here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062053/How-does-the-Foresight-feature-work-on-my-Arlo-camera

There is some recent information posted in the community that says that the feature requires the camera to be connected with a base station.  Unfortunately that's not in the KB article.

One challenge is that the feature requires the camera to be continuously capturing video.  This uses a lot of power, so the cameras need to be connected to AC power in order to get this feature.  Solar panels won't do it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MetalJase wrote:

Arlo calls pre-buffering "Foresight" - more info (including the cameras) is here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062053/How-does-the-Foresight-feature-work-on-my-Arlo-camera

There is some recent information posted in the community that says that the feature requires the camera to be connected with a base station.  Unfortunately that's not in the KB article.

One challenge is that the feature requires the camera to be continuously capturing video.  This uses a lot of power, so the cameras need to be connected to AC power in order to get this feature.  Solar panels won't do it.