Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear Arlo offline but still working

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
CharlieTango
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought this Netgear Arlo package today, came with Netgear base station and 2 cameras. I followed the setup using my mobile and it didn't appear to work as intended. It failed to get updates when I was trying to add the base station, so I skipped that bit and went to addiung a camera. The lights blinked and all the right things happened there but the app reported it could not connect a camera. I restarted the app and then tried to add the second camera and the same thing happened.

No I have logged into my account and can see all devices, all devices are being reported as offline. On the app it is the same, I can see all devices but they are all offline. 

However, the system seems to work fine. I see detection events and can see short videos of the detection in the library. So I guess it kind of works?

I am keen to understand how I can fix this issue, so I see the devices as online (which clearly they are and are working) and update settings and administer my system.

Thans in advance for any help from someone that has the same issue?

1 REPLY 1
CharlieTango
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, just an update for anyone having a similar issue.

Problem seemed to be an extrordinarily long firmware/software update. Would have been nice to see this feedback in app to save confusion instead of providing a meesage that it failed to connect or find cameras.

Once the base station update was ocmplete, I could see it online. Once base station updated both cameras also went through an update and everything looks to be working well now.