Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
freebird
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the update there is no RULES SETTING. without the rules setting you can no longer set video recording times or a host of other things needed to run the cameras!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Installation/NEW-Browser-software/m-p/1023460#U1023460

( try and keep replies above to stop them all over the place )

looks like you can get to the rules from the modes... click mode you want, click edit , and it opens to all the rules, and there is an edit option for the rules

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Jamesbeaver
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem...What happened to the rules settings....I can not adjust the sensitivity on the cameras!! Someone please,respond

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Installation/NEW-Browser-software/m-p/1023460#U1023460

( try and keep replies above to stop them all over the place )

looks like you can get to the rules from the modes... click mode you want, click edit , and it opens to all the rules, and there is an edit option for the rules

freebird
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks buddy.

ArloLG
Star
Star

Yes, it has disappeared along with the "Preferences" tab in System settings. The community needs to be notifying Netgear Support, in mass, of these shortcomings in order to have them remedied as soon as possible. I had a discussion with Arlo Online chat this morning and they have no clue as to when OR if the issues will be resolved.

ArloLG
Star
Star

The supplied answer is not correct. The rule edit does not let the user set the time for the time frame a camera should follow the rule. Netgear has either purposefully or errantly removed a number of controls that users used to have.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ArloLG wrote:

The supplied answer is not correct. The rule edit does not let the user set the time for the time frame a camera should follow the rule. Netgear has either purposefully or errantly removed a number of controls that users used to have.

What exactly are you trying to find....?

all the controlls are still there, just moved around

ArloLG
Star
Star

I am glad to hear that the ability to activate each camera by day and time but I do not see it and find no direction within the settings. Can you tell me "specfically" how to get to this setting.

Janetmarie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everytime I go to modes I see "getting status" hasn't changed in 2 days. I can't do anything. My cameras are junk now. Worthless.
ArloLG
Star
Star

I have the same problem, cameras are not accessible on my computer. I can see them on my ipod. But, nevertheless, the cameras are worth nothing if you cannot see them. You should be emailing support directly in addition to commenting on the community. Arlo Support needs to be getting a deluge of feedback regarding the negative steps they have implemented.

Janetmarie
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have emailed them and got no response. I spent half an hour hold hold when I called. I finally hung up. I'm disgusted at this point. I'm going to turn off the base and wait a week for the fixes to be made. If it's not better I will cancel my auto subscription .
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Janetmarie,

What device/os are you using that is giving you an issue when trying to access modes? Consider trying to access modes using a different device (if you're using a phone try a PC) to further isolate the issue. Please let us know!

JamesC

asrodgers
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo is pathetic!!!!! What a waste of money!!!