Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Website will not "find" base station

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
krisskahuy
Tutor
Tutor

Base station lost internet access.  In trying to troubleshoot, I removed all devices (base station and two wireless cameras) in an attempt to 'start over' from scratch.  I rechecked the wiring from the base station to the router and - when I had three green lights (power / internet / cameras), I logged onto Arlo.com, selected "New System Setup"  and then selected "Arlo Base Station."  The screen then flips to "discovering your device .. please wait"  -- but it never finds it.  Meanwhile, the cameras will sync to the base station ... it's just trying to get the base station to sync to the website.  What am I doing wrong?  H E L P !!  {:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
krisskahuy
Tutor
Tutor

Like yourself, I had green lights along the bottom of the base station, and tho the cameras would sync to the base station, the website would not "discover" the base station.  So, I stuck a pin in the 'reset' button on the back of the base station to return it to factory settings, then started from scratch.  It was a hassle having to create a new profile, but everything is operating properly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't use the new system selection.  Just log in and use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab.  Add your base and then sync your cameras.

mcctti
Tutor
Tutor

My app showed lost internet connection...I rebooted everything. Also tried new set up, base shows all; cameras synced but neither app nor website sees anything. Website only shows "add device" Honestly, I'm sick of wasting my time on this. All batteries are new and no changes to anything here at the home. Any help you can provide before I lose my mind would be great.

krisskahuy
Tutor
Tutor

Like yourself, I had green lights along the bottom of the base station, and tho the cameras would sync to the base station, the website would not "discover" the base station.  So, I stuck a pin in the 'reset' button on the back of the base station to return it to factory settings, then started from scratch.  It was a hassle having to create a new profile, but everything is operating properly.

mcctti
Tutor
Tutor

Yup, none of that worked for me. Did the same thing. New account set up, factory reset, the whole nine yards. I'm about done with it. System worked fine, stopped for no reason with no internet interruption on my end and this hassle of reconnecting everything, re-sync, is simply a waste of my time when it doesn't work....Going to a professional system installed by my alarm company and not worry about the batteries, the hassle, this kind of nonsense, etc. No help here from anyone at the company that seems to give a crap. My time is far more valuable than wasting it on this.

krisskahuy
Tutor
Tutor

OOPS!  Sorry .. though I can understand your frustration.  My system was working fine, then POOF!  Got email this morning that system had lost its internet connection, which was crap because I had access to other websites.  Anyway, you're right, this having to rely on the kindness of strangers tp help resolve issues versus the ability to correspond with someone at the company is for the birds!  A professional system will probably give you better coverage as well, as my little wireless camera dudes cannot detect activity on the sidewalk some 20' from the front door.  A lot of good that is when someone is creeping around your house!  Very well cannot say, "Excuse me, would you step into camera range please ?"

Good luck ...{: ) 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mcctti,

If you're still having trouble getting your system connected, even after performing a factory reset, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

awkwardsilence
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, this is happening to me as well now that I have moved to a new home. Deleted in order to re-add devices of base station and all cameras. Stuck on Base Station. Tried power cycling, reset with pin, tried unplug all even ethernets, tried different ports, reset with pin pressing sync simultaneously as instructed, accessing/attempting add via both Windows laptop and logged out and in of that, then tried with app, logged out of appp, logged in, unplugged, tried on a different day, stayed up late trying to repeat insanely according to all instructions.  May I contact you as well, James?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Are you using the New Setup option at the login screen or logging in and using the Add Device button in the Devices tab? You need to use the latter. Also, remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.
awkwardsilence
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!! I never used the New Setup option, I have been attempting the add device only, after having removed the base station. Now No devices are listed under "my devices" just an icon of a camera and " add device" button. Which leads to the same situation of not being able to add the base station that is 8 inches away, on the same wifi, and Internet and globe light green. Then only thing that isn't working is after several failures I am prompted to hold in the pin reset button and the sync button at the same time until the lights flash amber but they never do, after any length of time depressing the two. I tried just holding down the reset button for 10 20 and 30 sec but still no amber light flash. I tried doing this also again after powering down and powering up when the solo amber light was on but no green yet, and I could not get all amber lights to flash. I can clearly feel and the reset pin button clicking down with different pin sizes, large paperclip works better than ball point pen. Can you think of what I am doing wrong? I appreciate your time and what suggestions you might have. I'm not sure who to contact now. It does not seem plausible that the reasonably new device which has only sat in a protected space since I got it would be failing at this point.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I suspect you need to open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. It would seem that the base has a problem if you can't reset it using the reset button by itself.
awkwardsilence
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, thanks I did open a case with a new simpler goal in mind of achieving a reset since I never  could not get the amber lights to come on.  I pushed the pin in much harder than what is needed to get a click, thinking maybe the contact is actually deeper than the dimple or bubble or whatever seems to depress the surface.  The amber lights came on with 10 full seconds (a twelve count for me) of really jamming the paperclip in as hard as possible.  Then everything went as described above.  I am satisfied and the case may be closed. So if nothing elsee works, there is always brute strength.  And I work with tools in my hand s most of the day so I do mean push harder than you think.