Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

We are sorry, the system is experiencing an unexpected issue.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
doubleuppers
Tutor
Tutor

This error has been at the top of my iphone app for a few weeks now.  I have had the system for 2 years without this issue.  I have 2 base stations, an arlo go, and a Q.  The error eliminates my mode button in the app.  I can only change the modes using my computer.  I just bought a new base station with the siren to replace one of my base stations.  I have 10 cameras total.  Need HELP as I have exhausted all the typical shutdown, restart, reset options.  I really don't want to start over with another company.

32 REPLIES 32
doubleuppers
Tutor
Tutor

COOL.....WE WILL SEE.

cramercc
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m also experiencing this problem.
I have inconsistent success by deleting app, rebooting iPhone, reinstalling app then logging into app. Sometimes message only appears on second launch of app.
I have not been able to duplicate success with each sequence.
I have tried clearing iPhone history and cache after app deleted and before phone reboot. That failed to correct problem.
The delete, reboot, reinstall sequence does not consistently eliminate the error message.
Have you any other suggestions?
doubleuppers
Tutor
Tutor

I don't believe it has anything to do with your app or phones....

I have been working with one of the reps and they were trying to narrow it down.  Sidenote:  I have the Elite plan subscription and the options for changing this are not showing up in the app as well.  

As of right now...we created another account using one of my other emails and moved one of my cameras over to that account.  When I log out of my old account and into the new account..everything works fine on that new account.  It seems to be something on their end where the account has been screwed up in their system.  I am still waiting on them to get back with me so we can migrate all my other cameras and bases over to the new account...cancel my elite subscription on the original and re-subscribe on the new account.  Hopefully this helps someone.

cramercc
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, I, too, believe it is a problem with the account subscription.  I am unable access account settings using computer but I can access mode using computer.  It appears to want me to set up new system which is impossible when 1400 miles away.  I have Premier account to accomodate 10 cameras at that location.  I'm wondering if account was up for renewal and auto payment failed. 

Thanks for giving me a clue about the problem/solution.

doubleuppers
Tutor
Tutor

I'm wondering if it was a payment issue as well.  I have changed my credit card numbers a few times over the past year due to fraud, but never changed it on my ARLO subscription.  Either way, it doesn't work and so far the only solution I have started to try is setting up a new account.  

cramercc
Apprentice
Apprentice

We may be onto something re:credit card issue.  I, too, have had to change cards and probably did not update Arlo account payment info.  I have so many Arlo shared devices from family/friends that I prefer not to have to set up new account.

cramercc
Apprentice
Apprentice

@doubleuppers
My annual account last renewed in March, 2018.  That eliminates failed account renewal as the immediate cause.

cramercc
Apprentice
Apprentice

@doubleuppers
Arlo Level 2 support contacted me today.
It appears that engineering is aware that some users' subscription accounts are becoming corrupted.  The workaround is the same as yours...create new account with different email account.  Go through New System Setup when at location of Arlo base unit.  Re-sync all cameras to the 'new system'.  Billing will refund me the pro-rated unused annual fee that has already been paid.  New annual subscription will start when new system is setup with new account.
Hope this helps other users that do not have access to their paid account subscription via phone nor computer.