Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

camara will not update firmware and won't record unless updated. battery operated camara

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
TM27
Follower
Follower

hardware - H7    Firmware 1.2.16720       Camera was working fine until request for firmware update.  i have another camera just like it that updated just fine, but this one won't update and won't work unless updated, so it is useless now.   i have tried everything.  the batteries are new and full.   i even removed the device from my account and reinstalled it.  nothing will work.   am i going to have to get rid of my camera just because i can't update?!

6 REPLIES 6
JVar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same thing happen to me. One of my cameras work and the other one does not even tun on anymore. Battery are good.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TM27,

It could be a signal strength issue causing the firmware upgrade to fail. Try moving the camera (temporarily) close to the base station and see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Janetec
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Wireless
Same problem exactly! Camera is next to base, has new batteries, and removed camera and added it back. 2nd camera to go bad in a month; 3rd camera in 6 months.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Janetec

Just to clarify, this is an Arlo Wire Free? Have you tried plugging the camera in and updating? 

Janetec
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is wireless. It is a VMS3330C. I am now talking to Support because we bought our cameras Feb 2018 and have had to return 2 of the 3 cameras.
Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Janetec,

If you need any further assistance the community & I will be glad to help