Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wanting wire-free cameras but won't work because we need 7 cameras through 60,000 square feet?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GoLawson
Follower
Follower

I am not yet a customer but am leaning toward Arlo. We are looking to update the security cameras at the business where I work. We would prefer wire-free cameras due to the easy installation, but I'm worried that it won't be sufficient or that the cameras won't work because we need to put about 7 cameras (2 of them outdoors) throughout our ~60,000 square foot facility. Is wire free any sort of option for that much space? Any other information I need to know would be appreciated as well, as I am very new to all of this. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The wirefree may well be the best solution but the connection between the cameras and bases may have issues due to distance, building construction, etc. A likely scenario would include multiple bases so the various camera locations have good signal strength. While the bases require an Ethernet connection, you can either run long cables (300 feet is the max spec for the cables) or use WiFi or powerline extenders to help locate the bases most efficiently.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If the building is already wired for ethernet,  then using PoE cameras indoors would also an option for you.  Arlo does make one model (for indoor use only).