Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3010 loses internet connection. Rarely up for more than a few days. Needs to hard reboot.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
axxxd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve had a Arlo wire free for about 3 years or so now - lately the base station has become completely unstable. It will not stay connected to the internet. It is connected via Ethernet to my router, not via Wi-Fi.  It is rarely up for more than a few days and needs to be power off hard booted to reconnect, then I have to manually reconnect some of the cameras by pulling and reinserting the batteries.  I’m about ready to junk this as it’s nearing full paperweight status.  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes rebooting your router and base, in that order, helps. Both devices can do strange things that a reboot fixes. 

It's also possible that the base or power supply is slowly dying. One thing to try is to reset the whole system and set it up again in case something in software has gone awry. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules and schedule to speed the rebuild. I've found that I usually don't have to take cameras down to resync - set up a ladder beforehand, briefly press the base sync button and go out to the camera and press that button. If the signal is good to the camera, the sync should happen without issue.

Othewrise, perhaps a new base would be the ultimate fix.