Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Add Camera and Sync to Base

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
kirkproductions
Aspirant
Aspirant

This thing is killing me. Replaced router a while back. Finally, got the base station re added. I've followed every instruction in the manual and everything I've seen here. And you can't tell if you synch camera first to base and THEN add in app or the reverse but I habe tried both. Base works, lights work, camera has new batteries, press synch on base, sunch on camera. Doesn't synch. Light flashes slow blue then fast amber as if it has timed out. Most painful process ever and im pretty good with this stuff. Help please.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don’t need the app or web to sync the older cams..

press quickly on the base sync ( don’t hold ) and then the camera...slow blue to fast blue means it worked

if it fails ( amberflash ) wait a min till base is not flashing and try again...

also move the base as far away from router as possible

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
kirkproductions
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. That's how easy I wish it were. It does not do that. I press the synch on base and the green then flashes. I then press the synch on camera and blue slow flashes before going to a fast amber flash. Then nothing. And you have to add it in the app after or you'd never know even if it did synch. Lol
What's next step @TomMac?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

kirkproductions
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there an email or something to contact them? The link just went to a search database. I'm done searching. I need some real help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tried the link above and it took me to a page with contact options. You can also use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.