Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bondadosa
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been a month since the Chambers and the base stopped working in Argentina I followed the instructions of the forum I wrote in the forum and Varmos the

Morerador told me to write in the USA forum the base is not described by arlo app and it is on the same wifi 2.4 network it does not do it if the pc not from the iphone everything imduncjoanva boen until a month or so ago or you go my Camera's of lisa papers as well as email the bases. Let's use the light cover. They are in green. I've already exhausted all the instances and I need an urgent solution to this problem.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If I understand you correctly, I would suggest that you remove all devices (cameras and base) from your account and then add them back into your account as if this was a new system. Start by adding your base station followed by the cameras.

bondadosa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your answer. I read in the articles about possible solutions and there was the answer you gave me that I did delete everything. That's why I've written the arlo application from the iPhone connected to the same network it doesn't find the base that if it's on with the 2 green lights and from the Mac I also tried it and it doesn't see the base either I tried with another base and the same thing. Then I tried with another base that third base turns on and after a little while there is only the first light left in orange color I have the bases and the 12 cameras of pose papers and my home unprotected

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using a VPN? If so, disable it since the base and phone/computer must be on the same network.

The base that only shows an amber LED for power either has a bad power supply or the base itself is faulty.

bondadosa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't use vpn it doesn't work it's still exactly the same as I described it since day 1 I have 3 bases and 18 Cámara's I invested a lot of money none works He keeps looking he says this can take several minutes I tried it several times only once he could in green and he didn't do anything and he spent more than 10 minutes and on all the other occasions he turns that blue rncooor radar, then again he could in green and he didn't do anything I left it for 20 minutes they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network 2.4 and without VPN I don't use VPN

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, the base doesn't use your WiFi - it connects to your router via an Ethernet cable. It generates its own WiFi for the cameras to connect to.

Since the base is connected to the router, you just have to use a phone or computer that's using the same connection to the router.  Have you reset the base by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and then tried to add it to your account again?

bondadosa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted all the bases from my accounts.

Then connect a base with an ethernet cable to the router and connect the phone to the WiFi of the router and I went to the Arlo app log into an account to register a base start looking late then that radar that was blue turns green with a needle spinning and then it goes green without a needle inside and stays there and does nothing else. There I did it several times it says to wait minutes but wait more than 20 minutes and nothing stays there in green and nothing does. I tried it with another base and the same thing. Then with the third base and that third always stays with the oranges despite having restarted

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried using a PC (browse to my.arlo.com)? That sometimes will work when the phone app fails.

Also, make sure any VPN software on the phone (or PC) is turned off.