Outdoor electrical charging units

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

I just installed two ARLO outdoor electrical charging units into my Ultras.   Is there a way to identify that

the battery is being charged by the charger?

I dont see any particular icon.

Or is just by watching if the battery level remains the same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, my solar panels charge to 100%. If your cameras are recordings a lot, the trickle charge may not be able to keep up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If properly connected you should see a lightning bolt through the battery icon.

https://kb.arlo.com/1179176/What-do-the-Arlo-camera-battery-level-icons-and-notifications-mean

rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
When I connect the magnetic cable, sometimes I do not see the electric bolt. On some of the other cameras, I see the electric bolt in solid green indicating I am at 100%, and those with partial white indicating charging.
But shouldnt I see the electric bolt when the cable is in place?
I just replaced the battery in the one in question. So, it was 100%, when should I start to see the lighting bolt
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've noted that use of a solar panel (I don't have any wireless cameras connected to AC power) that a 100% charge turns off the lightning bolt. I don't know when that first happened nor if it's truly expected. It may be that this also happens with AC connected cameras but can't be sure. If you unplug the camera to allow the battery to run down to at least 99% and then plug it back in, does the lightning bolt reappear? What happens when it reaches 100%?

rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

When it reaches 100%, the battery is Solid Green with a lighting bolt.  While its charging its a lighting bolt with a white background.
Similar to the solar charger.  The only thing different is I have never seen a battery at 100% with solar chargers.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, my solar panels charge to 100%. If your cameras are recordings a lot, the trickle charge may not be able to keep up.