VMB3000 unable to connect to Arlo Secure app

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Steve338
Aspirant
Aspirant

After much research, I have concluded that the Arlo Secure app does not support my old base station (VMB3000).  This is really unbelievable and unacceptable!!  Arlo has outgrown me and I have outgrown Arlo.  There are many cheaper and more versatile options available.

Arlo, if I am wrong about any of this, please reply and prove me wrong.

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Steve338 wrote:

After much research, I have concluded that the Arlo Secure app does not support my old base station (VMB3000).  

It should work.

Can you explain the symptoms you are seeing? Did you remove the base from your account, and are now trying to reconnect it?

Steve338
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done every conceivable thing described in the documentation for 3 days in a row with no luck.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Steve338 wrote:

I have done every conceivable thing described in the documentation for 3 days in a row with no luck.

Did you remove the base from your account, and are now trying to reconnect it?

Or is this somethine else?

Steve338
Aspirant
Aspirant

As far as I know my base was never successfully connected to my account. Under devices in the app, I see nothing—just blank.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Steve338 wrote:

As far as I know my base was never successfully connected to my account.

So this is a new install?

Did you purchase this base used?

Steve338
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased it new in 2016/2017 and used it briefly in my former residence and with a different WiFi network.  It  worked well as advertised.  Subsequently, I stored it in a closet and am now trying to set it up for my current residence with a different WiFi network.  So, the base and 3 cameras sat in the original box for 7+ years.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Steve338 wrote:

I purchased it new in 2016/2017 and used it briefly in my former residence and with a different WiFi network.  It  worked well as advertised.  Subsequently, I stored it in a closet and am now trying to set it up for my current residence with a different WiFi network.  So, the base and 3 cameras sat in the original box for 7+ years.  

If the cameras and base were left in the old account, then you would not be able to add them to a new account.  Is that possibly what happened?

Steve338
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, that’s possible. How do I undo the old account, since I don’t see anything in the app?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You would need to log in using the original account's credentials. If you can't remember them, you could try to ask for help from the support team but I don't know how they would  be able to help. @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN any possibility of this?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Support may be able to. look into this with the device serial number. However I am not certain. I have created a ticket regarding the trouble you are having. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly. 

Steve338
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base serial number is  and it’s model VMB3000

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing that information. Support will be reaching out to you. I did remove the serial number from the post for security reasons.