Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sapads
Tutor
Tutor

My current setup is with the base unit being plugged directly into the router I have.

However I would like to move the Arlo base station into a more central position of the house.  Has anybody got any advice on how to do this?

I don't want to run a long lan cable between the different rooms and have been looking at a Devolo dLAN powerline adapter.  If I understand correctly using this device one part is connected to the router and another point is connected to the device using a lan cable.

Do you think this would work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of a WiFi or powerline extender should work fine as long as the extender has an Ethernet portfor the base. Several folks have done this as reported here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of a WiFi or powerline extender should work fine as long as the extender has an Ethernet portfor the base. Several folks have done this as reported here.

sapads
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your help, yes the adapter I'm looking at has the ethernet port.  Have already bought one wifi extender that was not suitable, so was looking for guidence before purchasing another.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
For the most part there really should be no difference between most current devices. I don't know anything about the device you mentioned.