Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station vmb3000 amber power LED

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Kashisking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only have 1 amber light under the power icon on my base station and cannot connect to any of my cameras

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Without the base even powering on it's broken. If this is a new system, go back to the store and swap. If not, contact support using the link at the bottom here for help getting a replacement.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat wrote:
Without the base even powering on it's broken. If this is a new system, go back to the store and swap. If not, contact support using the link at the bottom here for help getting a replacement.

I think the user says the power light is on.. "I only have 1 amber light under the power icon "

You need the first two leds on, to make the system function... ( they are POWER - INTERNET - CAMERAS )

You can't sync cameras till the internet is on

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kashisking,

Consider factory resetting your Base Station. This can be done by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the base station until all LEDs flash amber. After the LEDs flash amber allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED as TomMac indicates above.

If you're still getting an amber power LED, this could indicate an issue with the base station. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Kashisking
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried doing a factory reset and the issue is still there. I have contacted Arlo support team and I'm now waiting for a response. Thank you for the information.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kashisking,

Feel free to reach out to me via private message if you need any additional assistance with your support case.

Please let us know the results!

JamesC

Kashisking
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey guys I had to get a new system because nothing was working. My old system was covered under the warranty so that's what I used.

A big thank you to everyone who responded
SondraS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this issue as well. App showed system as offline; on reboot, only the amber power light illuminates and doesn't change. I bought my system in April; is it too late for any assistance from Arlo if it needs replacement?

Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nope, warranty is for one year. An amber power LED means a hardware issue.
jeffdevo
Initiate
Initiate
All my cameras went offline, the other day. Afree having what we suspect are battery issues. Bought the Arlo pro and batteries I died within a week in two cameras. And now it seems my Arlo pro base system also will not start. Can't even get it to factory reset after holding the reset button down for over 30 seconds. Trying to see if I can use the base station from the original Arlo camera and base station. Hopefully these will work with my 3 other Arlo pro's

Have the system for over a 2 weeks now and mostly problems.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Swap at the store. No sense in beating yourself up.
Xgin
Aspirant
Aspirant

My vmb3000 base station just got the orange light and pressing the reset button doesn't help. How do i go about replacing it under warranty?

Purchased last year in August.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.