Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Usb light flashes after holding sync button too long. Further presses cause box to say 3, then 2, 1

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ebabb43
Aspirant
Aspirant

I pressed the triangular sync button on the side of the base station for too long, and the USB light began to flash.  I pressed the same button again, and the box said "three".  I pressed again and it said "2", and a third time it said "1".   I am unable to sync any of my three cameras at present, and all were working before. One stopped working (said ift was offline), so I tried to sync which started this incredible mess.  Any ideas?  

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ebabb43
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, thanks. I used a paperclip to reset the base unit. That box talking to me was pretty surprising, but after the reset, it seems like that fixed it. BTW, one of the four batteries was almost dead in the camera that got me started trying to sync it. Unfortunately the battery level indicator did not show any low battery level, which was strange. Replacing batteries did the trick and it synched correctly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base. If that doesn't work, you may need to reset the base holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button in the Cameras tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Be sure to press the base sync button only briefly, <1 second.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS,  holding the sync button puts the base into an unknown USB mode...which has been reserved for future options

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ebabb43
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, thanks. I used a paperclip to reset the base unit. That box talking to me was pretty surprising, but after the reset, it seems like that fixed it. BTW, one of the four batteries was almost dead in the camera that got me started trying to sync it. Unfortunately the battery level indicator did not show any low battery level, which was strange. Replacing batteries did the trick and it synched correctly.