Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Update failed camera will not power on now

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Christab123
Aspirant
Aspirant

for about 4 days my cameras have not worked I went outside to sync the backyard and it works fine now and did an update I had no idea it completed.  Went to sync my front yard camera and it said I needed an update.  Tried twice to update the camera with no luck, both times it failed.  Now the camera will not even power on, no blue light is visible.  Changed the batteries and still nothing.  When I checked community problems it seems that everyone on this day 7/20/18 had an issue with the update that resulted in cameras no longer working.  When you try to manually force the update you get nothing to click on to begin it.  I am super frustrated!!!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you get now blue LED on the camera when a charged battery is inserted, the camera is the problem. Swap at the store or open a case with support here.

Christab123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes battery changed to new ones amd still no light I get nothing. I opened a case but have heard nothing yet. Should I call instead
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Christab123,

Do you see any LED behavior when pressing the sync button on the camera? Also check to make sure the batteries are inserted correctly.

JamesC