Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera not commecting to base

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tuffcookie
Guide
Guide

I have had my Arlo cameras (4) for a couple of years.  This week I started having problems with one of the cameras.  I got a message that stated it was not connected to my system.  Yesterday I changed the batteries, just for good measure, put the camera back up after syncing it to the base, and put it back up.  It worked so I figured it was just a battery issue.  However, today, I logged back onto Arlo, and I had the same message, that the camera was unable to connect to my base.  I have changed batteries twice.  I thought I would delete the trouble camera from my system and add it again.  I have pressed the sync button on the base station and the sync button on the camera and nothing is happening.  I am not seeing any blue light, at all, blinking or otherwise,  on the camera.  Is there something else I can try?  (I did try unplugging the base station, waiting a minute and plugging it back in but that did not help)

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure that you only place the batteries in their slots - don't push them down. Let the battery door do the pushing. Verify that the batteries are actually good (maybe swap with a working camera). If there's no blue LED when you close the battery door it would seem that either there's an issue with the battery contacts in the camera or the camera itself has died. They're out of the 1 year warranty so you'd have to buy a new camera.