Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I'm having an old problem with my login to my Arlo cameras. I was able to resolve this issue last time with help from James. I'm using IE 11 and James had me delete my history files which did the trick. However, this time it didn't work. I have tried login in from my wifes computer and it works perfectly well.

Any help will be appriciated.

19 REPLIES 19
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

that should be delete the cookies and site data of Arlo, IIRC

maybe that's why ( not history )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

I not very computer smart so what James actually had me do was: click on the gear icon/safety/Delete Browsing History/Check six items, including "Cookies and website data". Wouldn't this include deleting cookies?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes that should have done it... you prev only mention the history files

Morse is faster than texting!
Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm still having the problem I had at the beginning of this post. Last time JamesC was able to fix the problem by having me click on the gear icon in IE11/Safety/Delete Browser History and delete the 2,3,4,5 & 6 item in the list. However, this time that doesn't do the trick. Can anyone please help with this. When I click the green login bar it just stay on that page. I'm able to login ok using my wife's computer.

Any help with this matter would be appricated.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Red15Baron,

It sounds like you could be having an issue with flash. Make sure flash is updated and enabled on your browser. Take a look here: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-ie.html

JamesC

Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi James,

Thank you for your response. I checked the flash settings and they are as it states in your direction. Any other suggestions?

Best Wishes,

Keith.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Red15Baron,

Are you runing any virus or malware protection software? You might also consider logging in using a different browser (Chrome/FireFox) to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

I disabled my anti virus and checked on a different browser, but it still doesn't get me past the login page. I was able to get it to work on my wife's computer. However, on that computer it no longer saves videos to the library. I've had numerous problems over the three years since I purchease this system, and I couldn't recommend that any buy this product. I bought  it for the wireless feature, but the problems I've had out weigh the benefit of having a wireless system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Red15Baron,

Give the troubleshooting steps you've already taken, I encourage you to open a support ticket with the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. 

JamesC

Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi James,

Can you tell me where I go on the arlo webpage to contact the support team via email. I don't see a place anywhere for this option.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page.

Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

I still can't see the option to email Team Support?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's only available if chat is not.

Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

After talking with a Team Support person I'm still unable to login to my cameras from my computer. After I put my email address and password in it stays on the same login page. I'm able to login using my wife's computer. However, now it won't save videos to the library. I've set the video length to 90 seconds, but when I go back in to check it later it has returned to zero seconds even though I have clicked on the SAVE button.

As always any help would be appricated, because right now the system is only good as a paper weigh.

Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

P.S. to last post. I have been unable to receive saved video to the library all this month.

whitney2006
Tutor
Tutor

Log-in problem via iPhone 6 still exists when phone is on wi-fi in my home.  However, turning wi-fi off allows me to open the ARLO app as usual like when it is on wi-fi.  Interesting problem, but now I can at least leave my home and change the status to armed and be contacted if there is a security breach.  ARLO, you need to fix this ASAP and hopefully restore everyones' systems.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two different issues. Logging in on one computer but not another indicates some sort of local computer/browser issue. The post immediately above here isn't the same thing so posting here does no good. A quick answer to the latter is to realize that a DNS problem isn't a Netgear one - it's your ISP's. I strongly recommend NOT using the ISP's DNS servers but set your router to use the Google or OpenDNS ones.

As for the dueling computers, try a different browser. You may need to clear the browser cache or reboot the computer to get it to work.

Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

As someone who isn't that smart when it comes to computer talk, could you put "I strongly recommend NOT using the ISP's DNS servers but set your router to use the Google or OpenDNS ones" into a form that I can understand.

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use your router's web interface and log in. Check the Internet connection settings (check your documentation if needed) and change the default DNS setting from something like "get the DNS servers from the ISP" to "use these DNS servers". Google's servers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 while OpenDNS servers are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.222.220. Save the settings. The easy way to get any device to pick this up is to reboot it or at least turn off the network and then back on.