Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

can't connect: Arlo and Alro q connected for a "friend"

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jhawkr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to set up "friend" access.  the email goes through and the friend can set up an account.  However, I cannot connect the Arlo Q (it times out after the QR code is read) and when I try to access the other arlo cameras, there is a base station error.      any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

When adding a friend to have access on your account, please know that you no longer need to re-install the device under their grant access account. To make sure that you are setting the correct access for them, make sure that following steps are being followed:

1. On the grant access that you have created for your friend, make sure that allow access rights are enabled

2. Also, make sure that you havve addedd what cameras she can see under their grant access account.

To check the settings, go to Settings > Grant Access > Edit the grant access you created.

🙂

jhawkr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I've done that.  in fact, several times.  I can send an invite, have that user set up an account, but I cannot seem to connect the devices after the QR code is read (successfully).  of course, I cannot get through to the help desk either.  any ideas anyone?  perhaps a new provider is in order, if the functioality does not work as advertised.....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A guest account set up via Grant Access will never use a QR code or anything else that you would use to set up a camera. You simply accept the invitation, follow the emailed steps and your friend's cameras will show in your login. You don't try to set up the system again since it's already set up.