Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
DouglasBeyki
Guide
Guide

Hi there! I've been using my arlo setup for a couple of years, without much fuss. I have to Arlo wireless cameras and one Arlo pro camera. After not using my set for a while I started last week using it again. I encounterd a problem i am unable to fix, perhaps anyone revognizes this problem and has a solution?
I used to download videos from the arlo app on my phone (oneplus6). But now, when I push the download button, the video doesn't seem to be downloading. I checked all the obvious and less obvious folders. I usually get a 'downloading' icon in my taskbar. This also does not appear. Therefore, i suspect no downlading is taking place. I can however download on my mac, so its either something in the new arlo-app or in my phone settings that is causing this. Anyone has similar issues or thoughts? Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I download videos occasionally on my Android devices with no issues. I'd start by 1) checking app permissions to verify that access to files and folders is allowed, 2) rebooting the phone and 3) reinstalling the app, making sure all permissions are granted.

DouglasBeyki
Guide
Guide

Thank you, I'll try that!

DouglasBeyki
Guide
Guide

Hi jguerdat,

I tried your suggestions, unfortunatly that had no effect, download still doesn't seem to start. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat phone, OS and app versions?

DouglasBeyki
Guide
Guide

oneplus6, android 10.3.0, app v2.12.3_7015

PlutoX
Star
Star

Same problem here. Cannot download or view videos on the Arlo cloud any more. I’m using iOS on an iPad Pro and an iPhone SE, both App Version 2.12.2 (2.1.2020). App permissions granted. My Arlo setup is also some years old.

Seems to be a problem on the Arlo server for serveral weeks now. Very disappointing.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi DouglasBeyki,

Are you experiencing this issue when you're downloading through WiFi and/or cellular data?

Hey PlutoX,

Have you tried to uninstalling the Arlo app, rebooting your iOS devices, and reinstalling the app to see if that helps?

PlutoX
Star
Star

Thanks, Jessica, for your reply.

I’ve rebooted my iPad without effect. But my problem description was not very precise. I was not able to download or to view a video within the app. The busy indicator was spinning all the time so that I always abort the view/download.

So I was patient and after minutes (!) the video starts to play. Typically the video starts to play after seconds. I’ve tried to view different video through wifi and cellular. No difference. It always took minutes until its starts to play.

I also checked my internet connection and downloaded different files from different location and I got always more than 50 Mbit/s with my wifi.

Does Arlo probably have a problem with their server connection or at least with the connection to my isp? I live in Germany, so the data has a long way to go 😉

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You can check the System Status here to see if we had any server issue: Arlo System Status

If you still have problems viewing your library playback videos and/or unable to download, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

DouglasBeyki
Guide
Guide

Hi JessicaP

Cant't download while using wifi (tried different networks) and not while using cellular.

DouglasBeyki
Guide
Guide

I've been having this issues for some 14 days, I haven't checked everyday, but it doesn't seem to be a server issue.

Thanks for your reply, i will contact support

Rodbound
Tutor
Tutor
Same for me. I click on downloead and nothing happen anymore.
btb3
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem on both my Android device and windows pc. The download but is not active. None of the options, share, delete, etc are active
Rodbound
Tutor
Tutor
Here is what I do. Instead of downloading feom app, I share to myself by email. Then I open the link in email. Then I can can download or share the video file as file instead of link.
btb3
Tutor
Tutor

I can't share it either.  None of the options, Share, Download, Delete. work.  I've tried in the App on Android and Windows PC.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@btb3 wrote:

None of the options, Share, Download, Delete. work.  I've tried in the App on Android and Windows PC.

Download and Delete certainly work in the web client for me (on a Windows PC).  What browser are you using?

btb3
Tutor
Tutor

Firefox and Chrome on 2 different PC's

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@btb3 wrote:

Firefox and Chrome on 2 different PC's

The process is to go into the library, and click on the three dots under a file.  You'll see delete, download, etc at the bottom of the page.  Click on one (for instance download) and it works as expected on my PC (using Chrome).

What happens when you do this?

DouglasBeyki
Guide
Guide
Hi, thanks for your question. Downloading on my mac works fine (i dont have a pc, so gaven't) checked that. However, i'm trying to download on my oneplus 6, which isn't working. Download button is visible but looks unrespondive, and no download is happening. I gave t
Installed the most recent version of thd app and checked the app's rights.