Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
Racquet57
Guide
Guide

When I try to login to my Arlo account, I get the 2FA prompt, enter the code, and then get an error -  An error has occurred, please try again. I try a differnt verification method, same result. I uninstalled/reinstalled the Arlo app and restarted the phone. Same error.

My wife, on her smartphone is also having the same issue.

I can login OK  from my desktop computer. Just the smartphone is having issues with 2FA

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This behavior should now be resolved. Please try logging into your account again. 

49 REPLIES 49
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We have escalated your case to support. They will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. 

Yoyi18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, and yes….same error: unknown error.

Can I try talking over the phone with you? We are clearly no getting anywhere through here 😞

SeaHag
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received a new phone, I installed the Arlo Secure app.  Noticed the username was my old email.  I was able to change the username but now I can't get past the 2 factor.  I have my new email and cell phone in the settings as verification methods.  I have tried each of those.  I receive the 6 character code and type it in.  I get an error on the bottom of the mobile app that says, "an error as occurred, please try again."  I have done this multiple ways.  I can log into the my.arlo.com using desktop web browser.   My wife's ipad works fine.     It seems only to be with my new android phone.

ArloPixel
Aspirant
Aspirant

App would always get stuck and not load hence re installed the app.

After that the app not letting me log in with "cannot verify the device"

After sending  and on adding the right verification code it says "An error occurred, try again later "

Later when this is just confusing and frustrating. 

Need this resolved , please help out

Pap00478
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently unistalled and reinstalled the arlo secure app on my android phone.  Since doing this,  I am unable to login. Push notifications are not arriving and text codes are not working.  I just get a pop up message saying that an error has occured.

Please advise how I can fix this.
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try to turn off the Wi-Fi on the mobile device and try again? 

Mac2
Aspirant
Aspirant

My android is doing exactly the same, running in circles.  The turning off wifi below doesn't work either. 

Twolman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't join the "community" to earn badges and the such, I joined to get a problem resolved as this seems to be the only form of support they have, BTW Arlo support sucks!  I figured it out on my own with no help from them. I have 6 cameras was thinking about adding 3 more but I think I will look at other systems that have support if and when you need it.  The fact that they give you badges for replys makes it highly suspect that they have no support.  Also it is posted in multiple places that if you pick a product you need help with there is a support number on that page, that BS there isn't!  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This behavior should now be resolved. Please try logging into your account again. 

elstx
Aspirant
Aspirant

No change - still fails on Approving the push notification.

elstx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to get it work with email validation now.  Previously that wasn't working either.

Forter40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Invalid factor data - when I attempt to login to my account. How is this corrected?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Forter40 are you doing this from the app or the web browser? If it is from the app can you make sure all open pages on the device are closed, uninstall and reinstall the app and try again with the Wi-Fi off. If it is the web can you try a different browser or delete the cache and cookies. 

Coastout
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to login to the dashboard gives Timed out message, multiple browsers

https://my.arlo.com/#/home

Login is not working

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you been able to log in or are you seeing this same behavior?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try deleting the cache and cookies and trying again?

silence1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Love that I have this camera system in my house but can't login to see them! Defeats the purpose of having them. Hmmmmm

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@silence1 have you tried doing it with the Wi-Fi off?

silence1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried with and without Wi-Fi. I tried deleting cookies, I tried a force stop of the app, and finally an uninstall and reinstall. All to no prevail. Keeping in mind that this is a brand new system purchased about a month ago. I finally used the Chat function and received the following comment,

"Arlo cameras are not directly compatible with the Samsung Z Fold 6. However, you can integrate Arlo cameras into the Samsung SmartThings App. Ensure your Arlo cameras are named and disarmed in the Arlo Secure App. then link them in the SmartThings App using your Arlo credentials. Legacy devices like VMC3030 may work but are not officially supported. "

Racquet57
Guide
Guide

My two devices are now working OK.

Thanks

JJMArlo1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Happening still today. Wife's phone is logged in and unable to authenticate mine to login 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JJMArlo1 are you using the same login credentials as your wife?

silence1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Amazingly her Z Fold 6 is working now. She has her own account but when trying to log in it stated that it was sending a push notification because it did not recognize her new phone. She never would get the notification. BUT, it's good to go now!

deb1194
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue Cant login. Error invalid factor data. Same phone etc as usual. Samsung ultra s24

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@deb1194 have you tried from a different browser or device. As well as turning the Wi-Fi off then trying to log in?