Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Unable to Login to Arlo account on Smartphone

Discussion stats
Racquet57
Guide
Guide

When I try to login to my Arlo account, I get the 2FA prompt, enter the code, and then get an error -  An error has occurred, please try again. I try a differnt verification method, same result. I uninstalled/reinstalled the Arlo app and restarted the phone. Same error.

My wife, on her smartphone is also having the same issue.

I can login OK  from my desktop computer. Just the smartphone is having issues with 2FA

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This behavior should now be resolved. Please try logging into your account again. 

49 REPLIES 49
GroveStudios
Aspirant
Aspirant

When trying to login to the app using the same email/pw I have for years, I receive a message saying "An error has occurred. Please try again." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app without any sign in success. Are the Arlo servers down? I am not have this issue with any other apps. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It is not down. Have you now been able to log in? If not I suggest doing a password reset to see if that will resolve the behavior you are seeing. 

GroveStudios
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! It started working later that evening without issue. Not sure what the issue was.

Yoyi18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I a getting an ‘unknown error’ in the app. I am able to login Arlo, but keep getting the error in the App Arlo Secure. I already reset the password, uninstalled and install the app, and keep getting the same message. Help please. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you on android or iPhone? Are you still seeing this same behavior?

Yoyi18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am iPhone/iPad user. Yes, I am still getting the same error.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try deleting the app from the library. When it wiggles it will say delete app not remove app. 

Yoyi18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have deleted it twice now. I keep getting the same error 😣 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried power cycling your phone and then trying to log in? Close all open pages as well? Are you able to log into My.Arlo.Com?

Kimz0123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been locked out of the app. Cannot log on to see dashboard.

dandc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot authenticate on one new phone and one that had beenworking. Get an errormessage "An error has occurred. Please try again." Nothing seems to work. Have removed all two-factor contacts except an email and cannot remove that one.

odhuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Android app on Pixel 6a. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app at the suggestion of the chat support and now mfa isn't working. I have a ticket but haven't been able to get an update. Is anyone else experiencing this or it is my account?

elstx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.

Donatomo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello!

I am experiencing critical issues on my Arlo app on my Realme 7 Pro mobile (Android 12) . I never had similar problems on my mobile phone before. The App does not sign in anymore, even if I am entering the correct ID and password. ID and password are correct because I can regularly sign in on My Arlo web page - Both mobile and App are properly updated and worked correctly until yesterday. I have tried to cancel cache memory of the app but same problem happened, then I have tried to reinstall the app on the phone, and when I register the new device with the 2 factors (pin by sms)  the app gives an error like “ An unexpected problem occurred try again” .I have tried to dowload Arlo app on another mobile phone, but same error. I am getting crazy as iI am going nowhere.  Can someone help?

Thanks!

NZHank
Tutor
Tutor

I have been getting the same error message when trying to login on the mobile app. It wont let me add the verification code to verify the device

Racquet57
Guide
Guide

I called Arlo support. Ultimately they asked me to clear cookies/cache and that fixed the issue. However, the Arlo app was now running on 5 hrs ahead - Greenwich Mean time. Phoen clock was just fine and Setting for the clock were all on Auto. Restarted the phone but still Arlo app on wrong time zone.

So, uninstalled/reinstalled  the app again and then I could not login again. And I was never able to get my wife's androidn to login even after clearing cookies/cache.

Need some help Arlo.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is happening when you try to log in? Have you tried both the SMS as well as email codes? Have you rebooted the phone?

Auntie64
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo is not letting me log in. After two step verification it keeps giving me an error that something went wrong. Does Arlo not work on the new Galaxy Z fold 6. I can log into my iPad and Galaxy 22 Ultra. But it is not letting me log into my fold Z fold 6

Preid
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 factor id requested on mobile phone but Code number not accepted and 'inside factor data' message displayed. Tried alternative for code via email but same result so unable to access cameras at all. Any helpful suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Phone has not changed but was used to access cameras while in Thailand last week.

Twolman
Aspirant
Aspirant

My App on my phone which I have been using for several years won't let me log in.  I have changed my Password and done everything they want you to do.  If it does let you log in, it says my phone isn't recognized and it is sending a push notification to it, which I never get.  If you use the email for the notification I get the 6 digit code but it bombs out and says an error has occurred try again later.  I can log in on a computer but not on the phone, I also deleted the app and reinstalled and it still has the same issues.  

Donatomo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have found a solution to my problem, if anyone else is having the same issue  I have switched off the wifi and used the mobile data network and I signed it immediately without problems, then I have turned on the wifi again and now it works! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turn off WiFi on your phone and log in. Then turn WiFi back on. Better?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try resetting the password and if that does not work re-install the app? Is there a certain error you are seeing?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried power cycling your phone and then trying to log in? Close all open pages as well? Are you able to log into My.Arlo.Com?