Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable To Change Name Of Arlo Camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
royjohn312
Tutor
Tutor

I have had my Arlo security system about 18 months/2 years and had to change one of the cameras as it would no longer work.  It was extremely difficult to add the new one to the system as it would not connect with the base station.  In adding it to the system, I did not change the camera name and now I find I am unable to do so.  The on-line instructions state to go into settings, click on the camera name and then edit.  I am unable to do this as the camera is not listed in settings.  I have to click on device order to see the individual camera detail.  I have tried then clicking on the camera but this does nothing.  Neither can I get access to the menus at the side of each camera.  Anyone else have this problem and can anyone assist please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
royjohn312
Tutor
Tutor

I have solved the issue myself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
royjohn312
Tutor
Tutor

I have solved the issue myself.

Caperdeb
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 2 cameras connected to our base station.  They are listed under devices with their serial number.  Is there a way I can name each one (ie Back Door/Garage).  Thanks for any help!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Caperdeb

On the Arlo Mobile App or Web Portal go to Devices> Select Device/3 Dots or Settings Wheel > Select the pencil under the Picture of the device > Change name > Save