Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App/Base Unit Won’t Connect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DazedConfusedPa
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station shows it’s a [VMB3500] I was having issues with cameras so I deleted cameras as well as base station to attempt to start all over, now base station will not set-up or connect from initial set-up on app in adding base station. I’ve rebooting everything reinstalled app and still get the dreaded circled red X Try Again, please help plus I’m in Eastern Day Light Time power light is solid green and the next circle with dot blinks once in awhile, cameras no light since I can’t get passed setting up base

5 REPLIES 5
DazedConfusedPa
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station shows it’s a [VMB3500] I was having issues with cameras so I deleted cameras as well as base station to attempt to start all over, now base station will not set-up or connect from initial set-up on app in adding base station. I’ve rebooting everything reinstalled app and still get the dreaded circled red X Try Again, please help plus I’m in Eastern Day Light Time power light is solid green and the next circle with dot blinks once in awhile, cameras no light since I can’t get passed setting up base

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to verify, you removed all devices from Settings, My Devices? That has to be done. What are the LEDs on the base showing? The power and Internet LEDs need to be green and the Camera LED can be off or solid amber.

DazedConfusedPa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I read Snakes post of how he reset base unit with paperclip and I did the same and everything is setup and running!

creese21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this same problem. It locates the device, pulls up the SN number and then when I move to the next screen I get the stupid red X. I’ve reset it several times, tried it on both my routers (I work from home and have two networks). I have both the power and internet LEDs on green, so it is connected. I just took the system out of the box, so it shouldn’t be used. HELP! I built a gaming computer and that took less time than this has. UGH

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would swap at the store to see if that helps. If not, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx