Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO cameras showing low battery

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Milmuseum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently I have had 2 of my cameras go to low battery in a short amount of time. I measured the batteries in both cameras and they show between 2.8 and 3.1 volts. This should not bring in a low battery indication in my opinion. Is there a way other than opening the battery door to reset the software? Or is this just a case of having two cameras go bad at the same time. We have had a few days in the 30's but nothing too cold so I dont believe weather is the issue. I also brought them inside with no change in battery status.

8 REPLIES 8
arlogigh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing low bat warnings on my devices as well. All of them have brand new batts and I have checked their power with my multimeter.  This is a new problem.  My system has functioned correctly for years.  I have reset my base station without any improvement.  The low battery indication will lock out that particular camera, even with new batts.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

When you insert the 4 batteries allow the closing of the battery door to properly seat them rather than pushing them in with your fingers. This will ensure proper battery contact.

How many recordings a day are those cameras doing?

Milmuseum
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is exactly what I am experiencing on two of my cameras in a week. The first camera to go bad saw medium use with about 5 alerts a day. The second had more alerts but both had been functioning well before this started happening. basically they started showing low battery and will not show the real battery status when good batteries are put in.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the base? WHat is the percentage shown?

Milmuseum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried rebooting base station and then synced both cameras. No change. Still showing 4% battery on both cameras.This seemed to happen shortly after I upgraded to firmware 1.3.314.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reinsert the batteries after making sure they're fresh. Don't push the batteries down - let the battery door do the pushing.

Milmuseum
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ave tried everything and no change. Hopefully Arlo will help out
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru