Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
arlooffline
Aspirant
Aspirant
Running three Arlo wirefree cameras total. Two are defunct after just over one year of use. HW Version H7 Firmware 1.3.314 Problem: They are slightly more than one year old. Two are offline, intermittent. One of those two now shows no video at all, though it responds to motion. Attempts to fix: I've reset everything, removed and readded all cameras from the app, replaced all batteries. I called support about the left hand one shown in the attached image. The right hand one has developed this problem in the last two days. Situation: I'm just out of warranty I realize, but these cameras are useless paperweights at this point. I can't recommend this system to anyone.
5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Did you use this method to reset the base?

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

Bring the cameras closer to the base and see if things improve.

Have you checked the batteries that you have to make sure that they are not flat?

arlooffline
Aspirant
Aspirant

We followed the procedure to reset the base, with cameras six inches from base. After this, one camera is still dead, regardless of proximity to base. Batteries are brand new. Please see attached photo.

Note that back during warranty period this camera had the mysterious "red" video image for awhile, which magically resolved itself. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @arlooffline,

Have you tried to re-sync your Arlo camera again or try removing the batteries and putting them back in the camera?

arlooffline
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have done this repeatedly. It does not help. The camera has no video image.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for trying it out. I have sent you a private message to gather more information from you to try and help you out. Hope to hear from you soon!