Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JK2015
Star
Star

How do I turn off Touch Id on the iPhone X - Several FAQ's list going to Settings>Profile but there is nothing there about turning off Touch Id.  

Thoughts?

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd reinstall the app before doing anything else.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JK2015,

Within Settings > Profile you should see a "Touch ID is now available" prompt. From there, you can disable Touch ID by toggling the slider to the left.

JamesC

JK2015
Star
Star

Hi Thanks for the update - however, there is still nothing other than my email address in the Profile section of the app. 

No slider - no nuttin'

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JK2015,

I've tested this on an iPhone X and was able to see the toggle for Touch ID. Have you enabled this feature on your device? Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad

JamesC

JK2015
Star
Star

Yes, I've was using touch id with my old iPhone.  I just upgraded to an iPhone X.  Next to my email address on the main log-in screen it says "log in with Touch ID."  Since that is still turned on, it won't save the password so I have to reenter it everytime I want to see what's going on.  There is no "enable touch-id" in the iPhone X setting - since the iPhone X doesn't have that capability anymore.  I've seen the FAQ's that recomend the Settings>Profile> answer but when I pull up the Profile the only thing on the screen is my email address.

Thanks
JK

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd reinstall the app before doing anything else.

JK2015
Star
Star

Probably should have done that first - it worked...  

Thanks

JK