Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
YYCWayne
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the VMB3500 base station and I am trying to connect it to the Arlo app. The base station is the version made by Netgear and was purchased in 2017 (before Arlo split away from Netgear). I have not used the cameras and base staion since February 2018. I have downloaded the latest Arlo app (version 2.12.3_27015 released January 7 2020). I have the base station connected to my router and the power connection. Both green lights are on for power and internet. I have an account from previous use in 2017. Using the app I try to add a device and when I get to the "Looking for your Arlo device" stage, it doesn't connect with the base station. Tried the reset but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
YYCWayne
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jguerdat, thanks for the reply. I eventually got my base to connect using your suggestion for reset (hold and wait for amber lights) on a different post. I didn't hold the reset long enough my first try.
Thanks again

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the web page instead? ANd your phone is on your WiFi, not cell service?  Are there any devices showing in the app/web under Settings, My Devices? If so, remove them and try again.

YYCWayne
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jguerdat, thanks for the reply. I eventually got my base to connect using your suggestion for reset (hold and wait for amber lights) on a different post. I didn't hold the reset long enough my first try.
Thanks again