Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
LizUtter
Aspirant
Aspirant

While I was traveling, one of my cameras said "It's timne to change your batteries".  When I got home, I changed the batteries.  I'm still getting the same message.  I changed them again.  Same.  I took the new batteries and put them in one of the other cameras, and took the batteries from that camera and put them in the one what said it needed new batteries.  Same camera still says "It's time to change your batteries".  Not sure what else to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to the settings for that camera,  remove the device from settings ( REMOVE DEVICE ), open the battery door for a few secs, then close.

Bring the camera back as if new ( remember a quick push on thesync button , don't hold )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to the settings for that camera,  remove the device from settings ( REMOVE DEVICE ), open the battery door for a few secs, then close.

Bring the camera back as if new ( remember a quick push on thesync button , don't hold )

LizUtter
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you...  I'm back up and secure

jft5000
Initiate
Initiate

While this may work, it's an unacceptable fix and should not be necessary. This battery issue needs to be fixed, whether it's hardware or software, I do not know, but Netgear should definitely fix it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jft5000 wrote:

While this may work, it's an unacceptable fix and should not be necessary. This battery issue needs to be fixed, whether it's hardware or software, I do not know, but Netgear should definitely fix it.

Battery gauge has been addressed again in the last firmware update ( v 1.2.7730 ) on the Arlo....

Since then my batteries have been showing actual drain according to usage, and are tracking accurately

jft5000
Initiate
Initiate

And when you put new batteries in, everything works as it should(battery levels reporting correctly) without having to remove and re-add the camera to your basestation? If not, then this should not be considered resolved.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't answer that as I changed out batteries on one camera since the new SW and had no problem... auto resync'ed from about 10 ft from base

Nonnie
Aspirant
Aspirant
In the last couple months I've had the same problem. One of my cameras needed the batteries changed, when I changed them the camera would not come back on. I reinstalled it and still it isn't working. Now I have another one that needs the batteries changed and I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen. We had 3 cameras...now 2 and if this one does the same thing..I've paid $500 for one camera! We've only had the system 6 months.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
And that's exactly why there is the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop version of these pages. There's a procedure for warranty on virtually any device sold - use it.
-Lee-
Initiate
Initiate

I couldn't agree more. If you are using these cameras as a security system for when you are not home and often won't be back for several days/weeks to resync the cameras (which happens to be when this issue seems to pop up more often than not in my case) what the heck are you supposed to do??? This keeps recurring over and over argain with multiple cameras! Cameras with perfectly fine batteries are locked-up completely and useless until rest/resynced in-person... Why can't these cameras be reset/resynced remotely? I suspect this is most likely because of some very poorly written algorythm in the latest firmware version for the gen 1 base system and cameras... What the heck is the problem Netgear??? This is a deal breaker if not resolved! Please do something or I will be staying far away from your products in the future....

s3_bey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem and I have changed the batteries removed device from settings then tried to resync but I cant get the light at all on the camera. I dont know what else to do?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Make sure the batteries are properly inserted and aren't stuck all the way down in their wells. When you close the battery cover, the LED should blink blue - do you get that? If not, use the Contact Support link at the bottom of these pages and open a case.
oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, I had to do the resync today so the true battery level was indicated after swapping out batteries.  Sure wish the bug would get fixed after all of these months or am I missing something somewhere.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

usually if the battery indicator is off its because one of the batteries is not making proper contact.  since batteries operate in sets of 2x parallel, if one is not seated properly cam will work but battery countdown will be from 50 and not 100%

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

My issue was the battery level did not reset from the prior low reading of 8% after the battery was swapped.  I had to unbind the camera from the base and then sync up the camera again as if it was a new camera.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

sorry i misunderstood.  havent come across that one before but have had a few instances when it took a couple minutes after closing door to get updated battery level reading

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

No problem.  I did not wait very long before syncing up again so that could have been what happened.