Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All My Arlo Cameras Have Gone Offline

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
robdring
Aspirant
Aspirant

All my Arlo cameras have gone offline suddenly, I have just bough the solution and had the cameras put on the outside walls as security cameras. I paid someone to go up a ladder. Now the cameras have gone offline and support have told me to take all the cameras down and resync. This is a totally unacceptable solution ! Do I have to do this everytime I have a problem. Surely there must be another resolution to fix this ?

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try and reboot the base unit... use the off/on button, give the base 2 mins to come back online, you MAY get the cameras back

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
robdring
Aspirant
Aspirant

This seems a very flakey way of doing things, doesn't it ?

Not a very good start for something I had high hopes for.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have no idea why your cameras went offline... there can be a number of reasons ; power outage, internet outage, stolen, batteries bad, etc ( to mention some )

I can say my system has been stable for 2 yrs now...

I just offered a possible solution

Morse is faster than texting!
jwmccloskey
Tutor
Tutor

All of a sudden none of my cameras to connect for video. why?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Need details including what the LEDs on the base are showing.

Vender1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine are doing the same thing.  Just noticing it now unfortunately.  Dont know how long it has been that way, as we work from home and only really need to turn them on when we go out of town.  I have three solid green lights.  Power cycled the base station and re-synced one of the cameras.  Nothing has changed.  The app is showing that the base is offline.  All firmware is up to date.

jwmccloskey
Tutor
Tutor

None of my cameras would connect. So I finally pushed the on off button turning the base station off.. Waited 15 seconds and pushed the on off button, turning it on and in about a minute all the cameras came back on.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

has happened to me a few times.  suspect internet hickup.  Dont know if I'd waited if eventually the cams and base station would talk to each other again, but rebooting the base station got me back quickly

Vender1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally decided to remove the device from the app and start completely over.  That worked thankfully.  Luckily all the other settings stayed in place (i didnt have to rename the cameras, etc)