Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

I renewed a spent battery today only to find that now both of the Cameras don't seem to be updating as when I go to 'Devices' it says 'Just Now' on both Cameras that have no action for at least two hours. Both should be 'Armed' as they were before I changed one Camera's Batteries and the Web Site says they ARE 'Armed', but no Library recording that I would have expected as I had to go out and to do that, I had to cross the Camera's field of Vision. ( I did check all of the settings.)

I have tried re-booting the base station, but neither of the Camera's seem to be working correctly.

What are the best steps to take to get it running again please?

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the batteries were depleted for a while, you may have to re-sync the cameras to the base... that would be the second thing I would try as its easy.

( you already rebooted the base, would have been first )

If this doesn't work, you may have to  ;

Reset cameras by opening the battery door and reclosing,

SETTINGS>REMOVE DEVICE to delete camera and then bring it back as new with a sync ( this sets all to the default settings , so you may have to reapply your previous settings )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

UPDATE:

I went outside to check the Cameras again, the one I have just changed a Battery in, is showing live pictures on 'Live', but not sending push notifications when set on 'Motion Detection'.

The other Camera with a battery running low, now on about a quarter power, is functioning normally, with push notification on 'Motion Detection'.

So ONE Camera is NOT sending push notications that I need as I have to be away for over a week.

Any ideas what the 'Problem' could be? Has anyone else had this sort of problem?

OOoops sorry 'TomMac' I didn't see your post, I will try re-syncing the errant camera, thanks.

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

OK, well I re-synced the Camera, but unbelievably, although the new Battery showed Solid Black, ( full,) when I put it in, it is now showing in RED on about one quarter battery of power! I have to admit that I bought 'Uniross', ( a trusted make but cheaper than some,) I should be getting some Duracells on Wednesday, so I'll swap them then... So don't buy 'Uniross', definitely DUFF!

Also, although there ARE videos in the 'Library' now from the errant Camera, I am still not getting any 'push notifications' on my iphone, (which I need whilst I'm away.)

Why no 'push notifications'? Is there a way to fix this?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First check and make surethe batteries were in correctly ( btw, they should be 123 cells listed as 3v but really with 3.2v when new )

If one set is in backward you may get a bad / dead battery reading as the camera works on two sets of two ( front-back ).

20170414_074533.jpg

As to the pushes or lack of...

Make sure the pushes are toggled on in the MODE you are using...MODE> pick active mode, then camera and edit, 2/3s down screen .

Then make sure when the camera is ARMED, the running man above each wanted camera is BLACK (on ) , if gray ( its off )

If PUSHES are on, and running man black,  power button reboot your phone, if that fails un-install and re-install the app

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello again TomMac, I re-installed the Camera and now it's giving me Push Notifications OK.

I'm afraid the Batteries are just DUFF! I did open up the Camera and check, I'm pretty sure they are in the right way. Strange but when I closed the Camera up again and got it online, the Battery now shows about 40%, (opening and closing it again, removing it, then re-syncing it.)  

Although I thought 'Uniross' were OK, they were cheaper that the Duracells that I'm still waiting for.

I have only one day left to get them running properly, so I hope the other batteries arrive. At the moment, one Camera is with me indoors, as I have to set up and position it outside again.

You certainly know what you're talking about, do you work for 'Arlo' or 'Net Gear'? They would be stupid not to offer you some kind of job if not.

Thanks again for all of your answers. More Kudos to you....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you pushing the batteries down?  I've had them stick down and not make contact with the battery door.  I now prefer to simply place them in their holes and let the battery door push them into place.

And JamesC is the only regular Netgear employee here.  The reset of us are just users/owners like you. Who spend too much time here.  🙂

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

AncientFlower wrote:

You certainly know what you're talking about, do you work for 'Arlo' or 'Net Gear'? They would be stupid not to offer you some kind of job if not.

No, ...Myself,  and the others here ( superusers ) are moslty guys involved in some sort of electronics field now or in a past life. 

We get paid with t-shirts and beta testing samples now and then but really do this cause we like it. ( or it keeps us out of trouble from the brides )

But thanks and good luck, hope it works out for you

AncientFlower
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello again TomMac, I re-installed the Camera and now it's giving me Push Notifications OK.

I'm afraid the Batteries are just DUFF! I did open up the Camera and check, I'm pretty sure they are in the right way. Strange but when I closed the Camera up again and got it online, the Battery now shows about 40%, (opening and closing it again, removing it, then re-syncing it.)  

Although I thought 'Uniross' were OK, they were cheaper that the Duracells that I'm still waiting for.

I have only one day left to get them running properly, so I hope the other batteries arrive. At the moment, one Camera is with me indoors, as I have to set up and position it outside again.