Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo giving false offline notifications

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
IanBoug
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ever since the firmware upgrade a few weeks ago and the server outage at about the same time my system has been intermittently reporting as offline. For the most part this seems to be false as a visual check of the base station shows situation normal and the library will subsequently show recordings made while the system was allegedly offline.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

On the other hand there are some worrying gaps in my library some nights when I can be reasonably sure from other indications that there was movement that should have been detected. So was the whole system down again and we have not been told or do I have an intermittent problem with my base station?

From other system records I can know with reasonable certainty that my internet connection has not had any problem during the times when Arlo is playing up.

All positive contributions welcome.

3 REPLIES 3
manfredz
Hero
Hero

While I can't rule out any regional outtages, I'm quite sure there's been no system wide outage since the big one a few weeks ago.

Between my 4 cams I average about 75 recordings a 24 hour period so would have noticed another outage.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

IanBoug,

This sounds like a display issue with whatever device/client you are using to view. Do you see this issue on more than one device? Does the issue persist across multiple browsers if you use the web client? Does this issue occur when you are on a different network/mobile data?

JamesC

IanBoug
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James.

I primarily use the Android App on my Alcatel Shine phone. I do occasionally use my Windows 10 laptop but can't be sure whether I have had any problems with it. I will look out for any cases.

My main concern is whether the system is reliable for the monitoring function that I need it for or not. I had no doubts at all until the recent outage and the subsequent problem of whether the system is or is not online when the hub is showing situation normal. For example I have no activations last night between 11:36 pm (London) and 5:41 am this morning. This seems unlikely and therefore I must question what has happened within that time frame to make the system fail to detect and record some events.

Ian