Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
HUN57
Follower
Follower

One of my cameras won´t sync. I´ve tried to shut the camera of and resync but no.

The camera is blinking blue slowly

I´ve also tried to restart the basestation.

The first camera I installed is working

What could be the problem?

Håkan

28 REPLIES 28
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello HUN57,

Thank you for your post.

I am here to help you as best as I can.

I would like to start with a few steps:

1. Re-sync your camera to the Arlo base station.Open the battery door on the bottom of the camera to power it off. After one minute, firmly shut the battery door on the bottom of the camera to power it on. The blue LED lights for a few seconds.Bring your camera within one to three feet (30 cm to 100 cm) of the base station. Push the Sync button on the top of the camera and the Sync button on the side of the base station. Watch the front of the camera for a blue LED to blink rapidly, which confirms a successful sync.Log in to your Arlo account to view the camera status. If you see an error message, continue troubleshooting.
  2. Watch the camera's LED immediately after supplying power:
    • Blinking amber rapidly. The camera was unable to sync with the base station. Try step 1 again.
    • Blinking amber slowly. Batteries are low. Consider replacing the batteries. (See Step 3.)
    • Blinking amber and blue. Firmware is updating. Wait until the update is complete.
    • LED does not light. Firmware is corrupt.  
  3. Check that the camera's batteries are installed correctly.

Please refer to this article for additional information: My Arlo camera won't sync to the base station how can I troubleshoot?

I hope this helps! 

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

Raja
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I tried troubleshooting steps multiple times, still camera doesn't sync with base station.

Replaced with new batteries, blue led light shows up & then after trying sync the amber shows up rapidly.

Any suggestions ?

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Raja

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi Raja,

In our system it shows that you have 3 cameras that are properly synced to your base station. If your additional cameras are not synching with the base station, here are some links that may help you resolve the problem:

How do I interpret my Arlo camera's signal strength?
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-interpret-my-Arlo-camera-s-signal-stre...

My Arlo camera won’t sync to the base station; how can I troubleshoot?
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/My-Arlo-camera-won-t-sync-to-the-base-station-h...

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team

Raja
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Brian,

Sincerely appreciate your prompt response.

I have 3 cameras, two are working fine, one is not syncing for some reason.

I tried the following,

- Replaced new batteries

- Camera shows blue light

- Pressed sync on camera & base station, blue light starts blinking and then immeadetly amber light blinks rapidly and stops

- Signals are very strong on base station, remaining two cameras work fine

Appreciate your help & any options to call or return camera for repair.

Regards

Raja

fc32
Initiate
Initiate
It looks like I have the same issue as you. Try to follow what you was doing (replace batteries, reboot base station, re-syn camera). However, it still showed amber light blinked rapidly. I am wondering if something is wrong on the hardware of camera???
DaneA
Master
Master

Hi fc32,

It shows here in our system that all of your 3 cameras are currently provisioned.  However, since you have already did what was previously suggested, kindly try to perform a factory reset then set it up again from scratch and check if same problem will occur.

Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. After doing a factory reset on the base station, rerun the setup procedure. The factory reset removes the base station from the account. If your cameras were synced to the base station, you might need to sync the cameras again after the base station comes back online.

I am looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team

fc32
Initiate
Initiate
Hi Arlo team,

Thank you for the quick response. Actually, the camera in the front door still does not work after I reset my base station to factory settings. But, the other three cameras re-sync well to my base station after resetting. Therefore, I think there is something wrong only on this one camera placed on the front door. Is there any solution to fix this problem? I just bought this 4 pack Arlo cameras from Bestbuy on 5/21/2015.

Thank you vet much.

Brian
JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello fc32, 

It appears that this could be a hardware issue with the camera, please contact our support team for further troubleshooting or to have your replacement processed. 

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/#tab-call

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
HoustonTX
Initiate
Initiate

I have a similar non-syncing camera issue.  I have a 4 camera package.  Three sync'd easily but the fourth does not seem to want to sync.  The blue LED lights  on the camera blink slowly and stay blinking slowly...while the base station LED blinks slowly for 10 seconds or so then goes solid....but the camera lights are still blinking slowly (blue).

I've tried taking the batteries out and reinstalling them multiple times.  I've also turned off the base station and unplugged it multiple times.  Niether of these seemed to have any effect.

Any other ideas?

Adrianf
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been able to connect 1 camera out of 4 should I do the factory reset, I am worried that I would lose the one working camera ?
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Adrianf,

It's best to do all troubleshooting steps as recommended. If the troubleshooting steps recommended do not resolve your cameras going offline, it would then be best to contact our support team for further assistance. 

I'm looking forward to your results and response.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
5hernandez
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a similar issue. 3 cameras work well with 1 camera saying Offline. When I try to Sync the offline camera, I get no LED light. Any suggestions?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

5hernandez,

Welcome to the community! Please consider the following troubleshooting steps. Bring the affected camera close to the base station and power cycle it by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Take note of the LED indicator after the camera powers back on. Flashing orange or no LED likely indicates dead batteries. Replace the batteries if necessary and see if the camera comes back online. A rapidly flashing blue LED indicates the camera has successfully synced with the base station.

Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

5hernandez
Aspirant
Aspirant
I opened and closed the battery compartment door. The LED indicator of the camera powers blue. I Then followed the Sync directions and nothing. It still says offline. Any other suggestions?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

5hernandez,

If you have attempted the above troubleshooting consider swapping the batteries from one of your working cameras just to be sure the batteries in the affected camera are good, if you haven't tried that already. As a last option, consider a simple reset of the base station (not a factory reset) by holding the red reset button on the back of the base station down until all LEDs flash amber. This will break the sync for all cameras to the base and you will have to sync each camera individually. If that does not fix the issue I encourage you to contact our support team for further validation of a potential defect in the camera. Let us know the results!

JamesC

Realty4u
Aspirant
Aspirant

We just received our system.  I am not getting any of the cameras to sync with the netgear.  I receive a quick yellow blinking after the blue flashing when I press sync on the camera.  I press sync on the netgear first and recieve the flashing green light, which never turns green.

Realty4u
Aspirant
Aspirant

What I was doing wrong was holding down the sync on the base instead of a quick push.  The cameras finally synced up.  Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Realty4u,

I am glad you were able to resolve the issue! Thank you for posting your solution. If you have additional questions in the future be sure to come back and ask on the community!

Regards,

JamesC

jonmosby
Aspirant
Aspirant

I followed the instructions; rebooted the Base Station, redid the camera batteries; no sync.

Base Station: green light blinks

Camera: blue light blinks, the amber light blinks.

camer has been next to Base, 1" from Base, 1' from Base with same results.

Suggestions?

Thank you,

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jonmosby,

Is this behavior occurring on more than one camera? Is there any other wireless devices near the base station? It's possible that interference from another device is keeping the camera from syncing to the base station. Consider relocating the base station and try syncing the camera again. It is also possible that the camera will not sync due to the batteries being too low. Consider trying to sync the camera again after installing a fresh set of batteries. Please let us know the results.

JamesC

JG-
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same syncing issue. I just purchased the four set at Best Buy and none of the cameras are syncing. I have moved the base, reset the base, rebooted the base, lightly tapped the base sync button, had the cameras 1' to 2' away, shifted batteries.... all I get is a consistent flashing amber light after the blue flashing. I don't know what to try next. Maybe microUSB? Any other suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you performed the reset, how did you do it?  Old firmware needs both the reset and Sync buttons to be pressed until the front LEDs flash amber while the new firmware uses only the reset button.  If not sure, try the old method first and then the new one if you don't get the proper response from the LEDs.

JG-
Tutor
Tutor

Update - The base seemed defective. No matter how many types or either old/new reset ways, never synced. My case was escalated, but never got any reply back. So I returned the set and got a new one. It is working now. But yesterday I now have a new issue with live stream. *sigh

Ad7
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am experiencing the same issue. I bought the 3 camera system and one camera syncs but won't show video. Just a green screen with a play arrow on my phone. The other two cameras have worked fine. I restarted the whole system twice by holding reset and sync for 10-15 seconds. I've tried everything I've found on troubleshooting this issue and it appears all 3 cameras sync, but one just has no video. How do I go about replacing this camera?