Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sync cameras

Discussion stats
Sigdriver
Tutor
Tutor
Unable to get either camera to sync. Camera just flashes Amber after blue light on camera flashes along with green light on base station. Have tried resetting base station several times with no help.
36 REPLIES 36
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

JamesC wrote:

To start over from scratch, log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > remove all listed devices. 

Once you have removed your base station, you will notice all the LEDs flash amber and power off. This indicates that the base station has been factory reset.

That's a new one to me (maybe I wasn't paying attention).  So, if you remove the base from your account, it automatically factory resets?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jguerdat,

Yes, as long as the base is powered on and connected to the internet when it is removed.

JamesC

justen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there!

I am having the same problem as described in this thread. 

I short press sync on the base station and then long press on the camera. The base station flashes green/yellow relatively fast and the camera flashes blue and slow. Then the camera flashes orange quickly, when it is not able to sync.

I have factory reset the station with a two-button-ten-second press, removed it and reinstalled it to my arlo account.

What else can I do??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First off, any sync button press needs only to be as long as it takes to start the LED flashing.  True for both the base and camera.

Second, the factory reset is done by using ONLY the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Do not use the sync button also.

Pinch232
Aspirant
Aspirant
After replacing the batteries on three of the five cameras I can't get any lights on any camera to indicate a sync.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try deleting them from Settings and then resync. You may have to try a factory reset if that doesn't work.

gilyode
Aspirant
Aspirant

Quick pressing the sync button on the base worked for me. Why do all the docs say to do a 2 second press on the base and on the camera?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 seconds works.  Long presses are the ones that cause problems.

gilyode
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not sure why but my two-second press was not working. If I pressed about a half second I could get the base to go into sync mode, but if I tried a two-second press nothing happened.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
I believe the two-second press to start the sync process is from shortly after the system hit the market early last year. The firmware has since been updated several times and behaves differently now.

So, it is now definitely less than two seconds to press the sync button on the base station to initiate the sync process.

Unfortunately, Netgear have not updated their printed literature (aka user manual) to reflect that change, so several people report problems when attempting to initiate the sync process. It is now a brief button press of perhaps half a second tops.
justen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi again!

I have had a problem syncing cameras (as per my previous post). I have two outdoor cameras and a base station and this network cable.

Things I have tried: 

• Normal camera setup
    Result: Base station connects to the internet and shows up in my arlo account, searches for cameras, cameras search for station but flash orange (i.e. do not establish a connection).

• Factory reset
    Result: Same as above

• Connecting computer to internet on that network via network cable
    Result: Internet works without problem. However, I do not have access to the router or the network information (yet). I am not sure exactly how the network is setup.

• Camera setup using a different network
    Result: Cameras connect without issue using the normal setup routine.

• Camera setup on the original, desired network, again
    Result: Base station connected, but cameras not found although they are listed in my Arlo account.

Hypothesis:

The network settings are inhibiting the cameras from connecting.

Any ideas how I should go about solving this?

Is it the network port, is it the cable, is it perhaps the wrong router I am connecting to?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

justen,

Who is your ISP and what modem/router are you using that is resulting in this behavior?

What ISP/modem router combination did the setup behave successfully on?

JamesC