Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sync cameras

Discussion stats
Sigdriver
Tutor
Tutor
Unable to get either camera to sync. Camera just flashes Amber after blue light on camera flashes along with green light on base station. Have tried resetting base station several times with no help.
36 REPLIES 36
snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired
Hi Sigdriver,

When you log in into the app, do your cameras show up or not?

Thanks!
Sigdriver
Tutor
Tutor

No they don't.  When I press the sync button on the base station the camera led light flashes green, then press the sync button on the camera and the blue light starts flashing slowly for about 20 seconds then the amber led light on the camera flashes fast for a few seconds and then stops.  I just tried it again right now and one camera seemed to sync with the rapid flashing blue light for a few seconds then went off but not showing on the app. Tried it again and same thing with the amber flashing light.  Thanks for any help as I am hoping this will work.  I have Verizon FIOS with 75/75 wifi in our house.  The setup went fine connecting the base station to the router.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know if it will help, but after I sync'ed a camera I had to log out and re enter the program to get the camera to appear the first time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Sigdriver
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply,  I was able to contact tech support and we had to do the two button factory reset and then re sync the cameras and everything was working normally.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good to hear you got it working !

katbrat
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the two button reset? I am experiencing the same issue. Thank you.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

katbrat wrote:

What is the two button reset? I am experiencing the same issue. Thank you.

Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. If your cameras were synced to the base station, you might need to sync the cameras again after the base station comes back online.

Tammy819
Aspirant
Aspirant

Woohoo...!!   All of the above worked for me. I had the same issue with the rapid blinking amber light. The two-button factory reset did the trick. Thanks everyone. 🙂

BeaSStMaster
Tutor
Tutor

I tried everything listed, including the two-button reset and my cameras still flash amber when trying to sync them. Other suggestions? This is quite frustrating for someone like me who works with technology.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

BeaSStMaster wrote:

I tried everything listed, including the two-button reset and my cameras still flash amber when trying to sync them. Other suggestions? This is quite frustrating for someone like me who works with technology.

Make sure your QUICK PRESSING the sync button on the base NOT HOLDING ( most common error )

quantamboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don t have a reset button on the back of the base station - only the sync button on the side - I have an on/off button only and I am having the same problem syncing my cameras.

Jonathon

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

quantamboy wrote:

I don t have a reset button on the back of the base station - only the sync button on the side - I have an on/off button only and I am having the same problem syncing my cameras.

Jonathon

If your looking for the reset on the Arlo base, it's a small hole next to the power button labeled RESET... you need a paper clip end to depress

bealzibub
Aspirant
Aspirant

i HAVE RESET and now when trying to sync cameras light on cameras blinks amber while usb is lit not camrea on base

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm having trouble understanding what you said but I think you may have pressed the sync button too long when trying to sync the cameras.  Only press the sync button for 1-2 seconds.

sevtra
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased Arlo yesterday and now really wished I didn't waste my money. Camera will not sync to base station. I have gone through every proceedure e.g. Remove base station, reset base station, synced camera and all I get on the app is ADD DEVICE. Think I will take it back to Maplin and demand my money back.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, gee, don't you think you need to add the device? Did you try it?

sevtra
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hilarious response. Have you read what I wrote? Every time I add the device it does not actually add it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, when you say you reset the base, do you mean by using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber? Or are you just power cycling it?

If it isn't working, an easy thing to do would be to swap it for another system at the store. 

sevtra
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried everything. Powered off and on from the mains. Powered off and on from the base unit. Used the reset and synch buttons together. Removed the batteries from the camera. I can see the base unit as a device under Settings My Devices. When I select Caneras it says Add Device. I go through the process of quickly pressing the sync button on the base unit and see the flashing light. I then press the synch button on the camera and it starts to flash slowly with the blue light followed by very quick blue light flashing. When finished flashing I have a fixed sync base light but the app just says add device. I know the camera works as there is power.

So, if this isn't enough what am I missing.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think the problem is that you didn't actually reset the base. The old procedure was to use the sync and reset buttons together. With the newer firmware, it's ONLY the reset button. Try that.

sevtra
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried that and nothing works. Waste of money. Setting up a system that is sold to be simple is false advertising. Looking at all these support community posts just goes to show how bad this system is. Will definitely post on Facebook to let people know not to touch this product. Net

jguerdat wrote:

I think the problem is that you didn't actually reset the base. The old procedure was to use the sync and reset buttons together. With the newer firmware, it's ONLY the reset button. Try that.

gear should be ashamed of themselves.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sevtra,

The rapid flashing blue LED means the camera successfully synced to the base station, otherwise you would get a rapid amber LED indicating a failure.

Do you see the same thing when viewing from the web client rather than the app? Does the camera show up under my devices?

JamesC

sevtra
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, no there is no camera under my devices just the base station. I have tried both the web client and the app. All I get is add camera.

I just wish someone could give me clear instructions on how to start the whole process from scratch, because I have tried everything but nothing gets the camera on line.

Surely there should be a process that states "if all not working" start the process from scratch by taking these steps.

Really not impressed, especially as I have wasted £189.00 on useless pieces of plastic.

Sev

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sevtra,

To start over from scratch, log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > remove all listed devices. 

Once you have removed your base station, you will notice all the LEDs flash amber and power off. This indicates that the base station has been factory reset. Now you can follow these steps:

1. Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED. 

2. Log in to your Arlo account and click "Add device".

3. Select "Base Station" and follow the on screen prompts.

When adding your base station back to the account, be sure the device you are using is on the same network as the base station.

If you are still having trouble getting the camera to sync correctly, consider contacting the Arlo Support Team for further investigation of the issue.

JamesC