Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Stop livestream timing out

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Matthewh1997
Follower
Follower

My dad watches the cameras to see if any customers come on site using another computer livestreaming the camera,

But the problem is that the camera's keep timing out and he has to keep going back onto the livestream to watch it again and its frustrating him, how do i turn this off and stop it from timing the livestream out?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Matthewh1997,

There is no feature to turn off the live stream time out. The maximum time a live stream can be active before automatic time out is 30 minutes.

Regards,

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't.... the max time of viewing is just about 30 mins .  this is to prevent the batteries from running down if accidently left on.

Software closes it down at the time limit.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
racster
Initiate
Initiate

my camera times out before it get a video link.....or it times out after a few seconds....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

racster,

This could be due to interference or poor internet speeds. Make sure your camera is located away from other wireless devices and has the best WiFi signal strength. Do you notice this more on a specific device/network such as a mobile device with 4g/3g or is it occurring on multiple devices/networks?

JamesC

fnis
Tutor
Tutor

That's very nice.

Now, a GOOD control panel for a SECURITY camera should offer the option to turn this 30 min thing off. Sometimes users know what they are doing and needs to  continously see the live stream for more the 30 min out of a SECURITY concern.

Unless somebody from Arlo team speaks up, It  will seem to me that not adding this option somehow as I described is just a matter of laziness on the part of the Arlo team.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Most people complain about battery life with large amounts of viewing/recording. If you're up to changing batteries every day or two, you're seemingly out of the norm.

Perhaps you'd be interested in the new Arlo Q which is in the process of being released.  Powered so you can monitor 24/7.

donp36
Tutor
Tutor

This is absolutely frustrating - what use is a security camera that turns off after 30 minutes.  Most out door areas do not have easy access to power so battery operation is the norm.

Simple change - set camera(s), locate, after positioning unit should go go on standby.  Motion detection only aspect operating continuously.  Motion detected camera activates and records while there is movement in the field of view.  Then goes back to standby.  My solar floodlights do this so it can't be too hard.

Netgear Arlo in its present form your wireless set-up is useless - come to the party and give us something that is truly usefull.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

your solar floodlights recharge every day; the arlo doesn't.  If continuously recording, the batteries are dead after about 8 hours of recording.

No battery operated cam is designed for continuous operation.

For those of us who want a battery operated cam, motion activated recordings of up to 120 sec fits the bill.