Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

When I click on the camera icon under camera settings to take a snapshot in any of my four cameras I get a wheel, then nothing happens, no new snapshot is taken and the image remains  unchanged. I have already rebooted my router and the base several times, without success. Running 
FW version 1.6.1_4130 and HW version VMB3010r2. Anyone experiencing the same issue or has a suggestion to fix this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our engineers have tested and resolved this issue and plan to deploy the fix as soon as possible (likely today or by the end of tomorrow). We appreciate your patience and understanding in this process.

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just duplicated this myself.  Looks like something in the backend isn't working properly.  Time for a trouble ticket.

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you for your reply. I suspected as much. It's a shame because I am forced to use the snapshot feature to check on my porch because the sunlight defeats the motion detection during certain times of the day, so rather than streaming live I could always take a snapshot without using too much power, but now I can't even do that...

Netgear, any chance of fixing/acknowledging this issue?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our engineers have tested and resolved this issue and plan to deploy the fix as soon as possible (likely today or by the end of tomorrow). We appreciate your patience and understanding in this process.

Thank you,

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Wow, a zillion threads on this.  I just tested the fix and it works fine now.

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

Awesome!It works again. Thank you.

cruicky
Guide
Guide
Apparently there is a fix, but how do we get the fix?
Brand new Arlo purchase and it the problem.
And why is the snapshot option buried in the settings menu instead of on the main screen?
And, why isnt there an automatic periodic snaphot update, ie: every ?? minutes/hours/days?
These are quite expensive cameras and sure they are totally wireless, but must this come at the price of featureless? AC
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fix was automatic and new systems already have it.

Not sure what you're trying to do but you have the capability of a snapshot via live view in the cameras tab when you log in.  Live view and take a video or snapshot.  In settings there's only the ability to take a snapshot for the purpose of setting up the pan and zoom feature - not the same thing.  And your modes have the ability to take a snapshot or video when motion is detected.  

You can always request a feature to be added by clicking on the Submit An Idea link on the right side of some of these pages.  Not everyone wants such an idea but if enough do and add their kudos to your post, it may be added.