Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording problems...

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
s32144
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo cameras recorded when I first positioned them and then they stopped.  I have one back to recording but I can't get the other two to record.  Help please?

6 REPLIES 6
Nevets361
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue my front camera stop recording.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men in the cameras tab black or gray?  If gray, detection/recording is not activated by either the mode selected or the schedule, depending on which you use.

s32144
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's odd.  Sometimes the running man is black and other times grey.  Sometimes one or two of them will tape 3 or 4 times a day and sometimes not.  It's sporadic.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to check to see if a mode is selected or the schedule.  If the running man is gray, it will never record. That may be the issue of being sporadic.

s32144
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried everything (I think) but I am still having the same problem.  The one camera that does record occasionally has the running man grey sometimes and sometimes black. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A gray running man means you don't have the camera activated.  You seem to be using the schedule so check it to compare when the gray running man is displayed to determine which mode you have active and then check that mode's rules to make sure you have enabled that camera.  Be sure to save on the way out so any changes are captured.