Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Modes will not delete

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JasonB32
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since buying my Arlo, with software updates, different modes (i.e. armed, disarmed) have shown up, and there are a lot of them showing! When trying to delete them, it won't delete and show the following message "the mode could not be deleted (4004)."

Has anyone else had this issue? Because they won't delete, there are 50+ modes that show as options.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jason
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JasonB32
Aspirant
Aspirant
After resetting to default settings, everything was fixed.

Had to painfully re-connect the base station and all cameras, as well as re-configure my modes.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JasonB32
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Wow!  Strange!!

Is this with both the app and browser? Can you delete them using one but not the other?  You may need to remove all devices in the settings tab, factory reset and start fresh.  PITA bit it may be your best option.  Screen capture or write down any settings/info before you do this to ease the rebuilding process.

JasonB32
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good suggestion!

i checked he modes via web login, only shows 5 modes. I've been viewing through the app till now. I tried deleting and reinstalling app, still shows 50+ modes (same default modes over and over) that still cannot be deleted.

so it seems like it's an app issue?

not sure how to fix that though.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the 5 visible modes in the browser still including multiple Armed and Disarmed modes or are they different? If they're still multiples, I'd do a factory reset which will clear everything out and give you just the default modes.

JasonB32
Aspirant
Aspirant
On the browser, shows the default armed, disarmed, and schedule, along with 2 I created, so 5 total. And no multiple modes of the same thing.

I might just reset the whole thing in hopes it all gets fixed. But so far, it's just affecting the arlo app itself.
JasonB32
Aspirant
Aspirant
After resetting to default settings, everything was fixed.

Had to painfully re-connect the base station and all cameras, as well as re-configure my modes.