Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After turning on powered off base station...

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

I was testing the new Netgear Arlo's base station's power button (assuming same as power outages) to see if everything returns normally. It seems to take several minutes to get all four/4 cameras connected again. I noticed it goes one by one with the closest ones first. Are these normal?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

yes... in effect your rebooting the base which takes a min or two and then the base will reach out to discover the cameras

Thanks. I was just checking. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes... in effect your rebooting the base which takes a min or two and then the base will reach out to discover the cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

Thanks. I was just checking. 🙂

Giakara57
Aspirant
Aspirant
So to turn off your cameras you must shut down the base entiry?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Giakara57 wrote:
So to turn off your cameras you must shut down the base entiry?

NO....

only if you want to shut down your entire system or reboot the base....

The ARLO cams were designed to be Motion activated... 1)they record only when motion is seen OR 2)when manually started record/ live view.

Other times they are in a sleep mode and doing nothing but waiting for 1 or 2 above.

Morse is faster than texting!
aseeling
Aspirant
Aspirant

i rebooted the system an hour ago and i still get a message for each cmaera saying, "Your device is not connected. Make sure it is connected to your router and has a working intwernet connection."

Well, it is and has been.  I am writing this over the internet.  Any suggestions other than shooting it?  I rebooted because i could not get the email noticication turn off to actually turn it off no matter how may suggestions were given (here) and followed.  Any one else having this issue?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? There should be 3 green ones - power, Internet and cameras.  If the Internet LED is off, there's a loss of connection to the server. First thing I'd try is a true power cycle of the base rather than the software restart.