Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Chapel
Tutor
Tutor
Since they pushed out that last update to the system my phone has been crashing from the app and the notifications have been coming 3 hours after the motion triggers the camera and I have been getting duplicate notifications. I hope they do something about this pretty soon. I have over $500 invested in this system and now it's not working.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this issue and it should now be resolved. Please let me know if you continue to experience this issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What phone? What OS? What version of the app?

SurlyJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having the delayed email issue sporadically, but starting yesterday I've been getting the same email every 2 hours like clock work.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SurlyJ,

Every time your camera detects motion, you will receive an email alert indicating motion has been detected for that camera (if you have email alerts enabled).

Do you mean the email is identical? Meaning the time and snap shot in the email are the same?

JamesC

SurlyJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it was the same email for the same event at 2:17pm sent every 2 hours, until about 1am.  

That was then replaced by another email for an event around 11pm which was itself sent about 4 times (again every 2 hours)

They seem to have finally stopped as of about 11am after I went in and disabled email entirely earlier this morning

elwayo
Initiate
Initiate

I have been having the same issue.  I get the same notifications every two hours.  Tried turning off notifications and it stopped but when I turned them back on it started again.  By the end of the day I am getting about 50 emails every two hours thru the night as well.  Like you said it is the same time stamp and screen shot of the previous hours notifications plus any new ones.

nh187
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here - I reported it on another thread.

Are you also having an issue where the library counter stays at zero?  Although videos are being recorded to the library, it doesnt tell me how many instances triggered the motion detection.

I am having both of these issues, and they happened at the exact same time...trying to see if they are related.

elwayo
Initiate
Initiate

Yes I am having both those issues.  I did all the same things as you listed on your other thread.  I even tried deleting all my videos and as new ones came in it started up again.  I emailed their tech support and the first response I got was to go turn off email notifications.  So I had to reply that it defeats the purpose of the system doing that.  Seems like it is something with their servers, mine happen almost like clockwork every two hours.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this issue and it should now be resolved. Please let me know if you continue to experience this issue.

JamesC