Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Should Arlo batteries last more than hours/days? Mine don't

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Purdue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got a new Arlo in Dec. Batteries died quickly. I could watch the batteries go down a percent or two in minutes. Next day. Dead.

Sent in. 

Got replacement just now. Put new batteries in. Took less than 10 minutes to mount outside. From 100% to 94% within 10 minutes.

Comments??????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purdue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear replaced my original one with another. The second one is behaving now as I would expect.

Only time will tell. But so far so good.

Since my post, I've purchased two more single camera (original) Arlo kits (camera + Base) for eighty bucks each. 

Now to decide where to place these two new cameras. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dream5700
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this problem after I raised the recording time to over 60 seconds. I back off to 15 second clips and that seemed to really help. I am also thinking about getting the power cord so I don't have to manually recharge my exterior batteries. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Under normal conditions with spec usage ( 5 mins or less per day ) the batteries should last about 4 months.

I have mine on best video and they run that long,... with a few low usage cameras, some of mine go almost 7 months.

If you think the camera is bad contact Netgear

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Purdue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear replaced my original one with another. The second one is behaving now as I would expect.

Only time will tell. But so far so good.

Since my post, I've purchased two more single camera (original) Arlo kits (camera + Base) for eighty bucks each. 

Now to decide where to place these two new cameras. 

Purdue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Set up my second one/kit.

That is, used a/the new BASE and a new (original) Arlo.

Placed the base within 15-20 feet of the (outside)location of the new Arlo camera.

This second one is acting flaky like the first one. Loses connection, batteries seem to tank quickly.

Perhaps I'll set my third Arlo up with this second base now and see if either of the new Arlo cameras work as needed/expected or they both flake out.

And/or set up my THIRD base. (I bought THREE arlo/base KITS.... 80dol la rs at ne we gg)