Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery measurement Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mike7
Aspirant
Aspirant

How does Arlo measure battery level: by actual measurement or by elapsed time.  The software indicated battery was low but on changing I found the battery voltage measured high. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you see a dif diff in the cells ( from front set to back ) they ( one pair ) may have not made good contact in the camera

The front and back pair fip-flop in draining to mazimize life, the camera will run on a pair only but total life is obv less.  When closing battery door , allow the door to push in the batteries so they make good contact.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

How they came up with the algorithm for the battery level is unknown, but my educated guess it's by reading voltage.

As to the batteries being high that may be normal as the cells ( 123 type )are 3v listed but really 3.2v when new.

In the arlo cameras the 123 cells are considered discharged when they hit about 2.75-2.8 v.

Prob can't pull enough max current if needed

( I use my old ones in a flashlight till totally dead, they don't last long tho )

Mike7
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is quite a big voltage differnece in the cells but in aggregate they must measure lower so end of life. Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you see a dif diff in the cells ( from front set to back ) they ( one pair ) may have not made good contact in the camera

The front and back pair fip-flop in draining to mazimize life, the camera will run on a pair only but total life is obv less.  When closing battery door , allow the door to push in the batteries so they make good contact.