Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 17 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Dvock
Follower
Follower

Just received my camera system today, made it as far as terms and conditions,  clicked accept and got the era message (session timed out log in) I didn't even get to sync cameras before having problems.  Called tech and they said they were aware of the problem and would call me back after they sent the issue up higher. I know it goes without saying but this is not a good start for what I paid for this system.  Can anyone help here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Arlo customer,

On Tue 2nd of May, Arlo team is performing an emergency update to the cloud from 9PM to 9:15PM Pacific Time. Arlo users may not be able to log into the Arlo apps or the web portal during this 15 min update. But rest assured the cameras will continue to function as expected during this update and your recordings will be updated to the cloud as expected. 

After the update is complete, you will be able to login and access all your camera activity as usual. We apologize for this inconvenience, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

UPDATE - May 2nd at 9:20 PM PDT

The update to the Arlo cloud has been completed with minimal down time. Users that may have attempted to log into the Arlo app or web portal during that time may have seen an error of "Incorrect Username or password". You should no longer encounter this issue now that the update is complete. 

If you are still experiencing unexpected behavior with logging into Arlo please let us know at Arlo Support.

Thank You,

Arlo Team

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
kline268
Initiate
Initiate

Any luck getting set up yet? I just got my system today as well and am having the same issue.

WeAreTheBorg
Initiate
Initiate

Also getting the session expired message during setup.  Comes up right after the Terms of Service.  My own cameras set up easily.  Bought these for my Dad and having issues installing them.  

kline268
Initiate
Initiate

Yeah not too happy after spending nearly $700 on these paper weights so far.

OmaCoder
Tutor
Tutor

New Arlo customer here!! Very very disappointed, and very unimpressed with my very first expeirence with Arlo. (Actually, 2nd experience, first experience was trying to unpackage the wireless package with 2 cameras and the base station). They definitely do not follow the frustration free packaging standard...

Also getting this error upon trying to setup the system. Tried it from two different phones, and a laptop. Same error every place.

So upsetting.

No wonder Costco had this on sale...

Just now getting on support phone after waiting for 15 minutes. Stay tuned...

Jasmine313404
Initiate
Initiate
Same here- new customer and getting the session expired message. I hope it's not a bandwith issue with us all buying systems!
OmaCoder
Tutor
Tutor

I just got off the phone with support. Which, by they way you have to dig pretty deep to find the number.

If you'd like to call yourself and express your disappoinment, the number is (408)-638-3750.

They have advised that they are experiencing an unplanned maintenance window and that they are working on getting it back online ASAP. The person I talked to suggested trying again after 1 or 2 hours...... sigh.

Kimjoy12
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Also new user trying to set up camera. Is everyone still having this issue? I see support said 1-2 hrs which its been nearly so just checking

Thanks

EAJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here, new system. Tried with phone, got session expired message. Tried on desktop, got booted back out to log in. Called tech support, and was told the servers are down and to try again "in a few hours". If anyone else is successful, let us all know when and how you did it!
ArloPepe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue, just bought this today and is giving me the error of session expired. I guess calling the 800 would not help, will return the cameras tomorrow at Costco!
ArloPepe
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to logging last night, the system is pretty nice they fixed the technical difficulties that they had yesterderday I will give it a chance.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Arlo customer,

On Tue 2nd of May, Arlo team is performing an emergency update to the cloud from 9PM to 9:15PM Pacific Time. Arlo users may not be able to log into the Arlo apps or the web portal during this 15 min update. But rest assured the cameras will continue to function as expected during this update and your recordings will be updated to the cloud as expected. 

After the update is complete, you will be able to login and access all your camera activity as usual. We apologize for this inconvenience, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

UPDATE - May 2nd at 9:20 PM PDT

The update to the Arlo cloud has been completed with minimal down time. Users that may have attempted to log into the Arlo app or web portal during that time may have seen an error of "Incorrect Username or password". You should no longer encounter this issue now that the update is complete. 

If you are still experiencing unexpected behavior with logging into Arlo please let us know at Arlo Support.

Thank You,

Arlo Team

OmaCoder
Tutor
Tutor

This information does not appear to be correct. I attempted to set up my system starting around 8:15 CST and I finally quit trying and boxed the device back up to return to the store around 10:30 CST. I wouldn't call this "minimal douwntime".

The system was down for a lot longer than 15 minutes that your memo is representing.